Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Travaglia's the sort of plug and play option in defence that makes him my number 1 of those options imo (I like Berry as a forward and I like Lindsay for basically everything he does, but Travaglia just offers immediate impact on the team, which is what we should be looking for at this point in the list build)

What do you make of his combine result for the 20m? Posted a very slow time at 3.186 (courtesy of eDPS on draft board). From memory also posted a slow time in pre-season testing, so not an aberration. His highlights seem to show him playing with decent speed, so I am a bit confused.

I will be pissed if all this Warner prioritising costs us a shot at Pickett after Warner decides he wants more money at West Coast.

He’d have to have a pretty bad year - form or mental health or something - for the dees to consider a trade, and no chance now it happens this year.

You’d think Freo would be getting indications from both managers through next year, and be able to act accordingly.

Pickett would be an amazing pick up but has to be a long shot, the club are right to prioritise an out of contract Warner, even though personally I would prefer Pickett.

Can someone tell me if this is right.

I am trying to preemptively feel smug if 10+18 is enough for Bolton (... to counter that we don't get to win trades like some Vic clubs and will pay fair).
  • 11 = Schultz + 34 (now Cooper)
  • 18 = 32 (final landing spot of our 2nd 2023) and 32 (our 2nd in 2024, currently 29 but at least 32 after Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako bids)
Pretend 11 is 10, or gets equivalently upgraded there from some late pick loose change from the Tiges.

2 years in the making sum:
  • Out: Schultz, 32, 32+
  • In: Bolton, Cooper.
I'd start the car if you gave me that bill from day one. What did I miss?

This really isn't genuine discussion unless you state what is the maximum you'd pay for Bolton. All you've said so far is 10&11 is too much, but no one is suggesting we pay 10&11 in isolation, most are saying 10&11 with something in the 20s coming back, whilst not "winning" the trade, is okay.
What's your bottom line?
10 & 18 with pick swaps is plenty. 11 is off limits to me.

There is exponentially more value in 11 than any thing in the second round we might get as a sweetener.

Every Richmond supporter is a used car salesman.
I should have been more obvious in my post, but in order to settle your anxiety...

What I say on this thread has absolutely no impact on how the trade, if it goes ahead, will be carried out by those officiating it. They aren't weighing up Black Saab's input. They used too, but I put to a stop to that. So it's all good.

Whatever I post on BF is never going to be a point of determination for how things in the AFL turn out. Though I personally would like the umpires to tune in to my unbiased, impartial, objective contributions on the Richmond Game Day thread's on the Main Board as a source of helpful instruction.

I have no cars for sale, not even a Saab. On here there are no real cars for sale anywhere. I am just passionate about the trade period as most likely you are too.

Regardless of whatever picks the Tigers get, let's say it's an additional pair of 42's for all it matters Bolton will be a fantastic addition to Fremantle.

I am trying to preemptively feel smug if 10+18 is enough for Bolton (... to counter that we don't get to win trades like some Vic clubs and will pay fair).
  • 18 = 32 (final landing spot of our 2nd 2023) and 32 (our 2nd in 2024, currently 29 but at least 32 after Ashcroft, Lombard and Kako bids)
Pretend 11 is 10, or gets equivalently upgraded there from some late pick loose change from the Tiges.

This is very similar to fans that would have declared before round 1 this year that they would be thrilled if freo won 12 games this year.

Then with 5 games remaining we already had 11.5 wins but only won one more game and lost the last 4.

Some fans might have said “oh it doesn’t matter i would have taken 12 win at the start of the season, I'm happy”

It just doesn’t work like that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it's just a matter of point value at the top end; these picks are directly linked to players we might like to draft. Once we've let go of 10 + 11, we're almost certainly completely out of the picture for Allan. If we finagle back 14, that puts us in contention for Berry? Otherwise we're looking at a draft full of KPPs, inside mids, and Vic Metro talent. We clearly don't even really want high draft picks, seeing as we've floated trading them out. But we certainly don't want to bring in Vic Metro kids we can't play for 3 years who we'll end up trading out for peanuts.

Spot on, I want to keep 10 or 11 hoping that Allan is available at that pick.

If we give up 10 and 11 for Allan and he becomes a star it's like the Croad for Hodge trade again.

I'm saying we have been killing it lately. We have a current list trade win column bigger than any other club. Paying slight overs on Jackson or Bolton who are A graders is not a huge deal that will ruin us. Hogan was a huge dud but the steaknives of that deal are now half (the right side) of Bolton deal and that's the side that kicks all the goals.
I disagree we have been killing it.

We won on the Schultz trade.
We look decent on the Clark trade but that was second rounders, hardly big risks.

The hogan and Neale trades are now being shared on every AFL social media page as some of the all time worst trade howlers that were on the wrong end of, yet again, both in the last few years.

We have also paid a lot for Jackson and the jury still out in that one for me. He’s got time though at least.

I will have to use this for copium if it ends up being the cost but we should try to maximise the return.

I disagree we have been killing it.

We won on the Schultz trade.
We look decent on the Clark trade but that was second rounders, hardly big risks.

The hogan and Neale trades are now being shared on every AFL social media page as some of the all time worst trade howlers that were on the wrong end of, yet again, both in the last few years.

We have also paid a lot for Jackson and the jury still out in that one for me. He’s got time though at least.
As Hogan said in his B&F speech he had no other takers except GWS so we couldn't have done a lot better with that one except for properly mentor him like GWS ended up doing.

10 & 18 with pick swaps is plenty. 11 is off limits to me.

There is exponentially more value in 11 than any thing in the second round we might get as a sweetener.

I want us to hold firm and keep pick 11 too, however if we get a pick back in the 20s it wouldn't be a bad compromise as we'd have one more pick in the top 30 (in a strong and deep draft). If we ended with Bolton, pick 18 and two picks in the 20s, it's an okay outcome. We immediately improve our best 22 and add young talent for the future.

Gratuitous PoTY Voting Plug New
Hi all, voting for the best Game Preview for 2024 is now open, so while you're waiting for Wallsy & co to do something please go over to the Game Preview thread and vote for one of the five deserving nominees.

If you don't I'll cancel Trade Week. Don't think I won't.

I should have been more obvious in my post, but in order to settle your anxiety...

What I say on this thread has absolutely no impact on how the trade, if it goes ahead, will be carried out by those officiating it. They aren't weighing up Black Saab's input. They used too, but I put to a stop to that. So it's all good.

Whatever I post on BF is never going to be a point of determination for how things in the AFL turn out. Though I personally would like the umpires to tune in to my unbiased, impartial, objective contributions on the Richmond Game Day thread's on the Main Board as a source of helpful instruction.

I have no cars for sale, not even a Saab. On here there are no real cars for sale anywhere. I am just passionate about the trade period as most likely you are too.

Regardless of whatever picks the Tigers get, let's say it's an additional pair of 42's for all it matters Bolton will be a fantastic addition to Fremantle.
Is Black Saab a Seinfeld reference?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Trade Period

Remove this Banner Ad

Back