List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Confirmed outs:
  • Alex Neal-Bullen (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Angus Brayshaw (Retired)
  • Ben Brown (Retired)
  • Lachie Hunter (Retired)
  • Josh Schache (Delisted)
  • Kyah Farris-White (Delisted)
  • Future First (Traded to Essendon)
  • Future Third (Traded to Adelaide)
  • Picks 40, 54, 65 (Traded to Essendon)
  • Pick 49 (Traded to Brisbane)
Confirmed ins:
  • Tom Campbell (Free Agent from St Kilda)
  • Pick 9 (Traded from Essendon)
  • Harry Sharp (Traded from Brisbane)
  • Future Third (Traded from Brisbane)
On-traded:
  • Pick 28 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Pick 46 (from Adelaide, to Essendon)
  • Future Third (from Essendon, to Brisbane)

Last edited:
It's not about drafting the right players that's stupid, they have like half of the first round. It's about developing them properly
Of course it is about both. Not everyone in the first round will turn into good AFL players. Some will turnout more limited than first thought (physically and/or mentally).

Sydney and Geelong are often lauded for their development programs but both have plenty of early draft picks who didn't work out.

Tigers biggest problem will be getting too cute and trying to pick for positions or different player styles rather than focusing on the best player at each pick. As soon as a player doesn't work out or wants to leave the whole thing starts falling apart.

Of course it is about both. Not everyone in the first round will turn into good AFL players. Some will turnout more limited than first thought (physically and/or mentally).

Sydney and Geelong are often lauded for their development programs but both have plenty of early draft picks who didn't work out.

Tigers biggest problem will be getting too cute and trying to pick for positions or different player styles rather than focusing on the best player at each pick. As soon as a player doesn't work out or wants to leave the whole thing starts falling apart.

Here's the thing, the Tiges last had this strong a draft hand was 2 decades ago and they drafted 1 gun in Deledio and that infamous drafting of Richard Tambling over Buddy Franklin.

Here's the thing, the Tiges last had this strong a draft hand was 2 decades ago and they drafted 1 gun in Deledio and that infamous drafting of Richard Tambling over Buddy Franklin.
Other than Deledio they all turned out to be duds and I'd argue he didn't live up to be hype. Combination of who they drafted but also how they developed them.

I think both are important but development is more important.

- doesn't matter how well you draft or who you draft if your development is shit

- draft poorly but have great development you likely still get a better outcome.

The 2pm start time is so dumb the deal got finalised hours ago but the clubs have to wait until mid-afternoon to lodge it for no reason at all.
Embargo, baby!

But yeah its stupid.

Greedy AFL/media trying to americanise or should I say americanize everything... While I'm at it, **** Halloween.
C'mon buhddy! Ah wahnt some candy!

Lamb is at trade center apparently, why would he be there if he didn’t have anymore trades to make
I wouldn't be surprised if all the teams were required to have a representative there so that the media can chat to them etc.

Either that or we're bringing in some hack from the delist pile.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope for another pick swap. Rather 3-4 in 20 then 2 in 10
Personally I don't think there would be many deals that would be worth our time in that regard.

5+9 is a really good spot imo.

Deliberately haven't paid any attention to this trade period, but have we ever in recent memory had a trade period so lacklustre that Tom Campbell is our biggest in?

Put a fork in our trade week, we are done.

View attachment 2144208

So no Derk
200.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft/Trade/FA Thread – Pick 9, and big fishes Tom Campbell and Harry Sharp in 🎣🐟, ANB departs to the Crows for Pick 28 😢

Remove this Banner Ad

Back