List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

I just picture you sitting in a bean bag watching horror movies giggling.

Sorting m&m’s and smarties colors, smoking lollie fads while thinking how to get to the next level of trollism
honestly if Jagga was a leader of teams that won premierships that would be far more indicative of any leadership potential.

it is a team game and teams success is on the field

Is it just me but I don’t see the hype around Smillie.

From some of the highlights I’ve seen of him he’s only good by foot with the basic hit ups to uncontested players in space.

Whenever there was heat there was a few turnovers or wobblers out to space that missed targets by a good 10m +.

Edit: he does seem excellent with hand balling in traffic.
The highlights video I’m going off is the “rookie me central” YouTube video.

He won’t be afforded as much space at AFL level so that does appear to be a concern from what I could see.

Happy to take on board those who’ve watched far more U18s footy this year and clarify.
there is risk

is his best position midfielder?

or maybe some hybrid role

Or you know he could like show leadership qualities which have helped him become captain in all these sides.

Fair dinkum what a ridiculous statement.

Whether he’s the right pick or not is here nor there but you can’t deny he isn’t future captain material when he’s entrusted with captaincy at basically every step he’s been at

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
like I said, did his teams win premierships or not??

hierarchy does not prove leadership

If you can watch the last quarter of national championship final. There’s a reason why Smillie was the most influential kid on the ground in the last quarter and was in the guts at every stoppage in the last 10 mins. He was also carrying a niggling injury for the whole champs which slowed his 4 quarter production.
Is an absolute bull and will be a huge steal if he falls to pick 6.

195cm mids who has his combination of kicking ability, agility and clearance work do not grow on trees. Just about the most exciting player in this draft pool.

Interesting.

I’ve clarified in my original post that the footage I saw of his turnover were of the “rookie me central” YouTube page but also seen his highlights from the SA and Vic Country games which had hot and cold disposals by foot.

Seemed like he worked well with Jagga in a few of the plays by hand.

is the knock on Gerreyn his endurance? tested pretty well for agility at the combine. If the decision was between Faull and Gerreyn who'd we take?

honestly if Jagga was a leader of teams that won premierships that would be far more indicative of any leadership potential.

it is a team game and teams success is on the field
Understand the point but don’t think it’s as clear cut in reality

Like you said it’s a team game and if a fantastic leader doesn’t have the cattle around them even if the captain or coach for that matter get 110% out of a squad they may never taste success due an ability gap between sides where other side also has fantastic leaders but also have a higher talent floor

Not speaking specifically about Jagga but just in terms that you need to see premierships as a sign of a quality leader

Even if you look at our success for all intensive purposes Cotch took his leadership to the next level in 2017 and became one of if not our clubs greatest captain but for arguments sake we don’t have Dusty and don’t win our flags Cotch’s leadership and captaincy ability would of been the same

is the knock on Gerreyn his endurance? tested pretty well for agility at the combine. If the decision was between Faull and Gerreyn who'd we take?
I trust our WA recruiter, so if he feels Gerreyn is the right choice, I'm all in.

Understand the point but don’t think it’s as clear cut in reality

Like you said it’s a team game and if a fantastic leader doesn’t have the cattle around them even if the captain or coach for that matter get 110% out of a squad they may never taste success due an ability gap between sides where other side also has fantastic leaders but also have a higher talent floor

Not speaking specifically about Jagga but just in terms that you need to see premierships as a sign of a quality leader

Even if you look at our success for all intensive purposes Cotch took his leadership to the next level in 2017 and became one of if not our clubs greatest captain but for arguments sake we don’t have Dusty and don’t win our flags Cotch’s leadership and captaincy ability would of been the same
so does this mean his teams have not won a premiership??

I have no clue, I am just putting it out there.

Jagga is a good player, his lower level teams are more likely to win a premiership with him in it as a result

if we keep 6 and all of Tauru, Langford, Smilie and Armstrong are available who'd we take? Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper, Reid have been taken

unbelieveable decision by the club to pass in the MSD

incompetence

just so, so, SO dumbfounded
So reading this forum, Davidson is the Cumberland of 2022? Every club overlooked him! I don’t care if we take him or not, doesn’t look like the superstar some on here are carrying on like he is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok, been lurking too long, I’m jumping in.
My tigers draft haul with current picks:
1: Lalor
6(7): Smillie
10(12): Allan
11(13): Lindsay
18(20): Berry or Hotton (might get lucky?)
20 (23): Hannaford
23 (27): Gerreyn
24 (28): Sims OR trade for F1 2025

Mix of speed, power, size, silky skills and competitiveness.
Don’t rate the talls enough for the early picks.

…but I’ll trust the process!

if we keep 6 and all of Tauru, Langford, Smilie and Armstrong are available who'd we take? Lalor, FOS, Jagga, Draper, Reid have been taken
Don’t think Reid taken before any of the other 4.
Smillie for us. Eastern Ranges coaches think he’s very rare talent. Had illness and carried niggles in champs, he’s better than that. Tigers have spoken to him numerous times including recently.

So reading this forum, Davidson is the Cumberland of 2022? Every club overlooked him! I don’t care if we take him or not, doesn’t look like the superstar some on here are carrying on like he is.
I like Davidson but we have enough speculative undersized key forwards as it is need to work out what we are doing with the others before we bring more in imo

Lefau, Kozi, Bauer, Grey all permanent forwards along with Miller, Young, Gibcus and even Blight potentially able to play the same role

Reckon if we take Simillie at Pick 6,
by round 1, we may have convinced ourselves that he is the best midfield talent in the 2024 draft class

He is the tallest 195.5 cm
Has an good overall athletic profile, very good endurance, speed and jumping ability, especially for his height
A clearance beast and proven goal kicker
Absolute elite kick
Models his game on Cripps and Tom Green, and will monster his opponents in the same way

This is why trading for 2, involving 6 is unlikely, reckon FOS and Big Willy have about the same chance of being stars.

No ones saying hes a superstar. We're saying why didnt we use a free hit msd pick on the best young player in the vfl?
There's obviously a reason, it's just a baffling one.

I like Davidson but we have enough speculative undersized key forwards as it is need to work out what we are doing with the others before we bring more in imo

Lefau, Kozi, Bauer, Grey all permanent forwards along with Miller, Young, Gibcus and even Blight potentially able to play the same role
He'd be a weapon on a wing and pushing forward imo, goes all day and finishes beautifully.

It’s not a “barb”

You’ve traded out 1/3 of your best 22, which was already a spoon winning team.

You’re winning the spoon next year.

Is that controversial?

Don’t bank on it.

In addition to our elite draftees we’ve got a few handy recruits in 2025 : Lynch, Gibcus and Ross for starters. And we’ve got about 15 x players with between 15 and 50 games who will improve a lot in 2025. We also have 9 x 100-gamers on our list in 2025.

I expect us to be bottom few and likely wooden spooners … but I predict we will be very competitive in the second half of the season.

Wooden spoon is by no means a certainty.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He'd be a weapon on a wing and pushing forward imo, goes all day and finishes beautifully.
Dont disagree but just comes down to the overall squad

We have alot of players in that same size group and if we throw him onto the wing it throws him into competition with guys like Mansell, Clarke, Hugo, Banks and even Brownie

It’s a lot of list spots fighting for only a few roles in the side when we have a lot of others holes that need addressing as well

Not saying we won’t or shouldn’t take him but a lot needs to be taken into consideration

Gerreyn, kid could be anything, 8.156 for the 20m from a 200cm, 100kg lad is pretty quick. Came 6th in the national combine for agility which is outstanding. Booming kick off both feet, acts as another mid at stoppages, can play forward or ruck. Only knock would be his leap, not sure how he tested on that parameter

there is risk

is his best position midfielder?

or maybe some hybrid role
Best position is mid, but he offers flexibility. Been very good playing half back and is a tough match up playing forward. Can kick goals from outside the arc. Despite his size, he doesn’t take pack marks. Having said that his hands overhead are clean leading towards the kick, he uses his size well to keep opponents at bay.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back