Fixture 2025 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

ANZAC Day in 2025 is a Friday, so either Port or Freo with their Len Hall game will get the home Friday night game after Collingwood and Essendon, and the team that doesn't get Friday night, will get Saturday night.

As discussed in this TV deal thread, we will get 3 Saturday arvo games that are exclusive on Fox Footy in the first 8 rounds.

Call me crazy but i still much rather be 5 and 0 then 0 and 5.

I think 0 and 5 is less likely than 5 and 0 too. We generally start seasons much better than we end them.

We've finished the Home and away season top 3 4 out of the last 5 seasons, and we've got a heap of players about to enter their primes, i don't really see how we are going backwards.

So the outlier was 2022, but everything that could've gone wrong seemed to in those first few rounds. and we were pushing shit uphill for the rest of the season as a result.
Round 1: Playing against our bogey team in Brisbane at the Gabba and what were we 3 or 4 goals up deep into the 3rd quarter and then we lost about 3 or 4 players to injuries and got run over the top.
Round 2: Was a disaster, we seemed cooked and thought we were going to win that game without breaking a sweat. Disgraceful performance for the Russel Ebert Tribute match.
Round 3: I actually didn't think we played that badly for this game but we just kept leaving the door open for the crows all night. Boak misses a chance to ice the game, Houston then soccers the ball inexplicably into the middle of the ground in the dying seconds to open crows players, and then Mayes goes way too hard at that midget flopper Murphy with literally only a second or 2 to go. Flopper carries on with it, goes off and the ball ends up in the hands of the crows best kick who then kicks one after the siren from a tight angle with a late swing just inside the goal post.
Round 4: Brutalized from the best team in the comp at the time.
Round 5: Smashed in the first half against Carlton, Hinkley finally decides to shift the magnets and put Rozee and Butters on ball and we get within a goal of victory after being around 50 points down.

ANZAC Day in 2025 is a Friday, so either Port or Freo with their Len Hall game will get the home Friday night game after Collingwood and Essendon, and the team that doesn't get Friday night, will get Saturday night.

As discussed in this TV deal thread, we will get 3 Saturday arvo games that are exclusive on Fox Footy in the first 8 rounds.

ANZAC day game for one of the biggest games in our year.

I really don’t want St Kilda like last year.

I hope and want a big Victorian club down that week.

Personally, I want Carlton for that game.

It perfectly and does justice for the timeslot and event considering how important that week is, plus for the broadcasts, it’s a great Segway after Essendon vs Collingwood game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just shorten the season and take away the double up games. Solves so many problems.

Less is more.
Too many $$$ involved to shorten the season. Never going to happen.

Why can't we just start the full season earlier? I don't get it.

Agree, just have an opening round with all teams involved.

Sydney v Collingwood
Brisbane v Melbourne
GWS v Richmond
Gold Coast v Carlton
Kangaroos v Geelong (Launceston) cats can take the Spirit of Tasmania across.
Hawthorn v Western Bulldogs (Hobart)
Essendon v Port Adelaide (Darwin)
St Kilda v Adelaide (Alice Springs)
Fremantle v West Coast - they don’t like flying anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

In the short term yeah. Long term, I'm of the opposite view. I think a shorter season has the potential to increase the value of the product.
The NFL have that set up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Fixture 2025 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Back