List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I see alot of mock drafts/rating etc both BF and media that have Draper sliding to 7.

If we thought thought that could happen, there is no way I am trading for pick 2.

Lalor at 1
Draper at 6

That's my top 2 anyway, and would be an insane get IMO.

Not to worry Gun. If you get stuck with too many apples you just make your own apple pies & go into the apple pie business safe in the knowledge your main competitor doesn't have sufficient apples. Because they didn't buy apples from you, and you are the house.

Fank thuck you are not sitting in Blair's position. Blair knows how to be the house. :)
Have you seen the size of Blair lately

He is eating all the left overs from his past deals

I see alot of mock drafts/rating etc both BF and media that have Draper sliding to 7.

If we thought thought that could happen, there is no way I am trading for pick 2.

Lalor at 1
Draper at 6

Oh well they are Morro 's top 2. Let's abandon all plans. What could go wrong?

why give up another gun player like say Hotton or Travaglia if there is little difference between FOS and Smillie ?
Because if the mooted trade with North is true, we'd get a better player next year with North's future first which will likely land in the top 5.

I’m offering 6 & 18 for 2 and a F1.

If they get a better offer, let them take it. We can get a future first rounder with our later picks.

Do we want Pick 2? Yeah it would be nice as we have two players rated so closely at Pick 1 & 2. So getting our best players on our board is lovely. But on our terms.

North have openly shown they are needing to get into this draft with more picks. Ideally, two first rounders.

As I’ve said. We lose 6 we need to maintain 10 & 11 due to talent at those selections. They are draft shaping picks. 1, 2, 10, 11, 20 & 23 at this draft and moving 24 to next year would give us three first rounders next year.

That’s ideal for us.
Throw in our future 4th (55) ;)

If we got an F1 from Essendon for 24, I'm sure we could snag 46/53 from them as well.

1. Lalor
2. FOS
10. Lindsay
11. Travaglia
20. J.Whitlock
23. Hannaford
46/53. Davidson / Sims / Burmeister

2025: 1, F1 (North), F1 (Dees/Dons), 19, 73

Last edited:

Lalor at 1
Draper at 6

I would loose my mind , agree no chance I'd trade for 2.

When people are in the business of making apple pies, they gotta buy fresh apples. When you own most of the fresh apples, they gotta buy them from you, at your price. You are the house.

Different if there are loads of people selling fresh apples in the market and only one main buyer, then they would be the house.

We are the house, we control the market. If any club is in a hurry to cash in their flag window, they come to us. If any club is sick of being bottom 4 and wants players in & developing ASAP, they come to us. If any club rates a player who slides, they come to us. If someone thinks they have the next Max Holmes, they come to us. Because we are the house.

You just need to get used to the idea of being the house RT. ;)
We're not the only ones who could be selling though. GWS have 3 picks between our current 4th and 7th picks and Sydney have 2 picks as well. So we can't be asking for the deals that some are suggesting we do with a mindset that we're the only team to deal with when it comes to later R1 picks.

Where we have the advantage though is with those picks at 10 & 11. They're the ones that hold the type of value that could allow us to cash in and spread our intake across 2 years. That is where I'd be looking to exploit teams desperately looking to get into this draft.

Lalor at 1
Draper at 6

That’d be a dream.
Those 2 would be a potent midfield combination in 2-3 years. Lalor with his grunt and Draper explosiveness out of stoppages.

Oh well they are Morro 's top 2. Let's abandon all plans. What could go wrong?

Sad Season 2 GIF by Rick and Morty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolded part.
On our draft board there's still going to be someone sitting in that number 2 spot so why are we willing to compromise on a lesser player?
We finished last. We lost our best 2 players who had the most X factor and star quality but yet you are willing to compromise for someone who we don't rate at pick 2 just because it might be "close"?

Talk me through it because I flat out just don't understand.
I’m no draft expert and have no idea what metrics Blair and the gang use but i’m gonna assume it’s not an exact science; a mixture of psychological/physical assessments and gut feel. I’m unsure as to what extent recruiters delineate their draft order/rankings but say the difference in how we rate our top targets (excluding pick 1) is negligible. Wouldn’t it then make sense to keep our hand as it is and maximise our draft capital rather than dilute our hand to acquire a player who, based on our ratings, we could acquire at 6? That being said, if we have a clear top 2 on the whiteboard then trading up at the right price sounds great..hopefully without using 10 or 11

I’m no draft expert and have no idea what metrics Blair and the gang use but i’m gonna assume it’s not an exact science; a mixture of psychological/physical assessments and gut feel. I’m unsure as to what extent recruiters delineate their draft order/rankings but say the difference in how we rate our top targets (excluding pick 1) is negligible. Wouldn’t it then make sense to keep our hand as it is and maximise our draft capital rather than dilute our hand to acquire a player who, based on our ratings, we could acquire at 6? That being said, if we have a clear top 2 on the whiteboard then trading up at the right price sounds great..hopefully without using 10 or 11
Nah I'd rather just pick the players we have at 1 and 2 in the order as they're likely the best ones for us.

But hey, that's just me.

We're not the only ones who could be selling though. GWS have 3 picks between our current 4th and 7th picks and Sydney have 2 picks as well. So we can't be asking for the deals that some are suggesting we do with a mindset that we're the only team to deal with when it comes to later R1 picks.

Where we have the advantage though is with those picks at 10 & 11. They're the ones that hold the type of value that could allow us to cash in and spread our intake across 2 years. That is where I'd be looking to exploit teams desperately looking to get into this draft.

Saints, Swąns, GWS, they all get one shot at it. If they all have a go there are still at least 14 other clubs for us to deal with and we can accommodate only a few of them - the few that make the best offers. That is why we are the house. :cool:

Throw in our future 4th (55) ;)

If we got an F1 from Essendon for 24, I'm sure we could snag 46/53 from them as well.

1. Lalor
2. FOS
10. Lindsay
11. Travaglia
20. J.Whitlock
23. Hannaford
46/53. Davidson / Sims / Burmeister

2025: 1, F1 (North), F1 (Dees/Dons), 19, 73
The small forward options are very interesting
I’d be be happy with one of Hannaford or Dattoli
Think we get a potential 35+ goals a season with one of them and they can rotate through the midfield.
It’d be an icing on the cake selection if we manage that with pick 23

I’m offering 6 & 18 for 2 and a F1.

If they get a better offer, let them take it. We can get a future first rounder with our later picks.

Do we want Pick 2? Yeah it would be nice as we have two players rated so closely at Pick 1 & 2. So getting our best players on our board is lovely. But on our terms.

North have openly shown they are needing to get into this draft with more picks. Ideally, two first rounders.

As I’ve said. We lose 6 we need to maintain 10 & 11 due to talent at those selections. They are draft shaping picks. 1, 2, 10, 11, 20 & 23 at this draft and moving 24 to next year would give us three first rounders next year.

That’s ideal for us.

They'll get a better deal by picking 2 and talking to GWS about F1.

North with a haul of 2 and 15 or 16 will always be better than 6 and 18. Even if they are going to pick Tauru at 2.

We can offer 10 and 11 (getting us 1,2 ,6) or 6 and 11 (getting us 1,2,10).

Couple of caveats though.

GWS might not be interested in selling.

Trades have to be done sequentially.

They can't commit to a trade with GWS until pick 15 or 16 comes around. And at that point there could be multiple bids from other clubs. Equally the guy they want might be already off the table and the deals off.

Its double jeopardy for North but I can't see them taking 6 and 18.

If you're adamant that you want 1, 6, 10, 11, then we're better off **** blocking north and angling to put picks 18+ on the open market.

Last edited:
The reason I think 2 & 15 is better than 6 & 11 is because I think North are more likely to get their preferred player(s) with the former. They want Tauru, we know that. Well they can guarantee themselves they get him with pick 2, whereas pick 6 carries risk (albeit small) that Dees can grab him at 5. Are they completely enamoured with Armstrong at their second pick or are they flexible? There’s no guarantee he’ll even be there at pick 11, but would they be just as happy with a Trainor, Shanahan or a Whitlock who could be there at pick 15?

My point is - 2 & 15 guarantees them their main player in Tauru and likely someone they would be extremely happy with their second pick. 6 & 11 puts risk on Tauru and the player they would take at 11 could very well have slid to 15 anyway…

If I’m north - I’m trading F1 to GWS. And then weighing up the risk of trading 2 for 6 & 18 after they have done their first trade with GWS…

yes but pick 15 ends up 18/19 but academy and bids come through. All the sudden there future first which is probably a range of 2-8 next year doesn’t seem like a good decision..

Where as they trade future first with our 10/11 its 11/12/13 depending where Kako/marshall are bid. In the deepest draft in 10 years.

I see prodigy has moved on from sonsie to foss now on his avatar , after he destroyed sosnie's career he has discarded him like a piece of meat

run for your life boy !!!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back