List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Pick 1

• Finn O'Sullivan

• Sam Lalor

• Jagga Smith

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Swans & GWS see themselves competing for flags right here right now. They want gun low salary players in ASAP through the draft. We just want the best mixture of players we can get & we can afford to be patient. That is why we are the house. We da house. They aint no house. We da house. :cool:
Agree to disagree?

Exactly and why risk trading 11 into a very compromised academy draft next year, where we could be getting the 6-7th player and not the 3rd-4th, the picks around the 20 are the only ones I’d consider going into next year. Our pick 11 this year will be playing from round one almost and we’d lose a year of development and a chance at a player who may slide also.
Not this again
Academy & f/s picks do not effect the kids that are available too you.

Go look at norfs list. There isn’t just a hole in their young KPP stocks it’s a chasm. 2 KPP under 26 next year and one will be 24, yes we have a hole too but they’re in year 5 of skulking around the bottom, they’re also probably the poorest club in the league. Poor and shit is not a good combo in sports teams. They need to start moving up the ladder before they lose Good Friday and get worse time slots, getting stuck in a doom loop.

Norf can’t attract talent the way other clubs can, they get Aiden Corr’s of the world, cos again poor and shit is an awful combo.

Their only real viable way to fix that hole is through the draft.

They could draft FOS and ignore the problem for another 12 months. If there’s one thing I’ve learnt in my life, it’s that delaying fixing a problem always makes it an easier and cheaper fix in the long run /s ;)

They can partially fix it this year with Tauru/armstrong at 2 but because of their shortsightedness of their coach they gutted their draft hand they’re stuck.

Or they can bite the bullet and try and fix all their mistakes in one expensive swoop and bring in their two highest rated two talls together, which I think is a good way to do it (Roughy and Franklin, Curnow and McKay).

Yes they have to sacrifice a shot at FOS for it but that’s part of the price for the hole, we also pay the price of knowing we’re not getting Tauru and Armstrong(probably). But we’re also in year 1 of this and have picks this year to start addressing these problems, we’re also not Poor even if we are shit, that means Cadman(or whoever) is a viable option for us to short cut the process of finding all our talls in the draft.
I agree with all of this but I have already said Im aware of what North NEED , every man & their dog knows what they need and its also no secret who they are after.
The point was purely that they dont rate him enough to be 'best available' which is what clubs tend to do with such high picks.

Right now is the same as when North valued trading pick 1 (Cadman) for 2 early picks (Sheezel,Wardlaw) so they had their chance to sort out getting their tall but chose
IMO the better option.
Why would we give up 2 good picks for 1 & do the complete opposite?
Every option we need will be availble @ every pick we have.

Simply put, the player they want will be there at #2 but they want more so stuff'em.
I'm also against any trade helping North out that involves #6 and if I'm being honest I'm against anything that helps North full stop!

I agree with all of this but I have already said Im aware of what North NEED , every man & their dog knows what they need and its also no secret who they are after.
The point was purely that they dont rate him enough to be 'best available' which is what clubs tend to do with such high picks.

Right now is the same as when North valued trading pick 1 (Cadman) for 2 early picks (Sheezel,Wardlaw) so they had their chance to sort out getting their tall but chose
IMO the better option.
Why would we give up 2 good picks for 1 & do the complete opposite?
Every option we need will be availble @ every pick we have.

Simply put, the player they want will be there at #2 but they want more so stuff'em.
I'm also against any trade helping North out that involves #6 and if I'm being honest I'm against anything that helps North full stop!

By the time north goes good we will be slowly rising so who cares. After that we can hope we achieve the same success as 2017-2020..
Just get FOS at 1 & Lalor at 2 and be done with it. There is a reason FOS is constantly being interviewed he was the number 1 earlier in the year and his the best in the draft now. Cal Twomey even said he’d take Finn number 1.

So trading down you get two extremely damaging players both at centre bounce and inside 50.

What if the player we have at 2 isn't head and shoulders ahead of the player at 6?

Do you still want to trade out an extra R1 pick to move up to 2?
Yes because based on our recruiting teams many years of following these kids, there's a reason why they'd have some number 2 rather than number 6.

Why would you compromise?

Nah he is to scared of every contest. I’m off him for sure. ive Also heard he has caused a divide inside the club ie his group and then there is others..
Lol this is my favourite conspiracy theory. Tyler Sonsie of all people is a glorified "mean girl" and is invoking an us vs them mentality within the club.

I wouldn't unless the guys we have a 1 & 2 are well and clearly rated ahead of 3-6.

By clearly I mean viewing the guys at 1 & 2 as generational types and the players at 3-6 as solid players who may get to 150-200 games
If the club does the mooted trade, they will clearly believe it is required to get the players we value the most, and the price is deemed worth it. I have no issue with that at all, as they are the ones looking at the players for the last 3-4 years and will have far superior judgment to anyone on here imo.
They don’t have to be “generational” players at all, just the two that they believe will give us our best chance to win our next premiership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't unless the guys we have a 1 & 2 are well and clearly rated ahead of 3-6.

By clearly I mean viewing the guys at 1 & 2 as generational types and the players at 3-6 as solid players who may get to 150-200 games
We are trying to build a premiership list. If the mooted North trade is true, we won't be losing out on a player, we will simply be picking them up in the following year in the top 5 rather than 10-15.

We are not going to have 10 or 11 if North give us 2 & F1, we will give 6 & 10 or 11 in return.

6 & 18 will give us 2 only.
Did you see what I quoted?

Also, there's no way we'd accept that. 6 & 18 for 2 and F2 is much more reasonable, but we hold the cards.

😂 nah I just heard a comment like they aren’t united as I always thought. But Sonsie looks like a guy who thinks his shit doesn’t stink
So you're just basing what you're saying off of your own assumptions and then parroting them as something you have heard on the grape vine?

Damn. Farming those BigFooty internet points must be important.

Dodson might just be that player
crows may come calling big time
lot of clubs could come for our picks

at 6 we will know who is there and other clubs will know who is there and could easily throw a lot at our pick to get it.

At ten and 11 clubs could try and throw a lot at each of these picks depending on who is still there that they may want

Can someone explain why the Roos would want to ditch pick one from next year? It makes no sense. On Dyl and friends pod someone mentioned next year is good for tall players (not sure if true?), why would they want to weaken themselves next year?

I can understand wanting to slide to pick 6 and pick up something between their first two picks but why would they trade F1?????

Because Clarko is a desperate man. And he’d be salivating at the opportunity to bring in some quality KPP’s … Tauru / Armstrong / Trainor / Shanahan ….. he doesn’t want to get one next draft as he’s on borrowed time if Roos are crap in 2025.

And if they retain pick #2, they’ll be a laughing stock if they get Tauru and nobody else until 62 and he’s a bust, and FOS or Smith go at #3 and they are superstars. So they’d feel obliged to go elite mid at #2 … which they don’t need.

In other words … they desperately want to be rid of #2 and if they do something that gets them 2 of the above 4 players they don’t care how they get it done … and to be honest, it’s likely not a diabolical strategy even if they give away an F1 to do it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So you're just basing what you're saying off of your own assumptions and then parroting them as something you have heard on the grape vine?

Damn. Farming those BigFooty internet points must be important.
Yep, trashing a 21 year old kid is pretty poor form. He’s a Richmond listed player that surely we all want to see succeed? He’s got one more year left on his contract and I’m sure he knows he has to perform. From what I’ve read, he’s spending his off season training with Taranto, so that’s a positive already.
Don’t understand why fellow supporters have to be so dismissive and resort to ridiculing their own teams players.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Draft - Post Trade Period Edition

Back