Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why but I'm surprisingly calm

Tommy Chong Weed GIF by Paramount Movies

I was 7 years old. 2nd generation Greek immigramt in Lalor. The year was 1980. My father was a Fitzroy supporter cause that's where he first lived when he migrated here. I can remember watching the gf and owning a Francis Bourke football card that I was afraid to.lose in a game of flicks at school. My grandmother had knitted me a number 8 Jimmy Cambpell Heidelberg United jumper (they were black and yellow) and I was a Richmond supporter because of it. But when Collingwood lost the grand final that year my heart broke for Peter Daicos, for losing grand final sides for the have nots and when I went to school I announced to my grade 1 class (99% Collingwood) that I too was now magpie. This was a decision born in blood, in suffering and quite possibly peer pressure. But I remember more the hurt I felt that one team should lose and I could not but embrace them. My parents went on to give me 3 brothers who are all black and white through and through. At the royal.melbourne show that year I saw Malcolm Fraser and influenced by my dad I ran up to him and called him a flying monkey. I am not dale kerrigan, I am didak wine and this is my story.

Oh and my name.is based on a Jeff Buckley song Lilac Wine. Just opening myself up here. It's the occasion.

Have a great day everyone

Destiny is here. It's our time.

I look forward to following this game day thread from the live site unless last minute tickets miraculously appear.

Continue this thread with the negative umpire and playing bashing that has got us here or celebrate everything that is great about our team and club. Lol I know how it's going to go. Have fun!!! Happy Grand final day all.

Go Pies

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant write-up! An inspiring start to grand final day! Thanks Walter!

To prove that nothing can stop us today, you even invented a new word for the day - the bastard child of underestimated and misunderstood! I love it! 🤣

Not even the limits of the English language can stop us today!

Come on Pies! Let’s get this done!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I was 7 years old. 2nd generation Greek immigramt in Lalor. The year was 1980. My father was a Fitzroy supporter cause that's where he first lived when he migrated here. I can remember watching the gf and owning a Francis Bourke football card that I was afraid to.lose in a game of flicks at school. My grandmother had knitted me a number 8 Jimmy Cambpell Heidelberg United jumper (they were black and yellow) and I was a Richmond supporter because of it. But when Collingwood lost the grand final that year my heart broke for Peter Daicos, for losing grand final sides for the have nots and when I went to school I announced to my grade 1 class (99% Collingwood) that I too was now magpie. This was a decision born in blood, in suffering and quite possibly peer pressure. But I remember more the hurt I felt that one team should lose and I could not but embrace them. My parents went on to give me 3 brothers who are all black and white through and through. At the royal.melbourne show that year I saw Malcolm Fraser and influenced by my dad I ran up to him and called him a flying monkey. I am not dale kerrigan, I am didak wine and this is my story.

Oh and my name.is based on a Jeff Buckley song Lilac Wine. Just opening myself up here. It's the occasion.
Fraser was also a Carlton fan - you did gods work

Here it is! I’m off for a surf and then doing some footy type chores, clean the ‘cave up, putting the footy decos up, getting the Weber ready for pregame gourmet hotdogs etc, and watching all the pregame tv stuff whilst having a few quiet ones doing so.
Im confident the boys are ready for this and so are we. Floreat Pica, and I’ll see you all on the other side.

Good on you mate,lets hope we get it done today for all our sake,s, I feel confident and it is about time Brisbane can wait for another year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 COLLINGWOOD 2023 PREMIERS 🏆

Remove this Banner Ad

Back