Past #1: Hugh Greenwood - 51AFC gms/32GC gms/38NM games - 52 goals - retires post '24 - thx Hughy

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not a Hugh fan.

The game's passed him by.

The fact that he has a go is no justification for giving him a game.

It's okay if you have a group of heavy lifters compensating for his shortcomings as a player.

We don't have those players - so we're just wasting time.

I'm sick to death of hearing - but young blokes need senior bodies around them. That's crap. Young blokes need senior players around them that impact games.

Apart from Larkey what senior players do we have that impact games?

I'm not a Hugh fan.

It's okay if you have a group of heavy lifters compensating for his shortcomings as a player.

I'm sick to death of hearing - but young blokes need senior bodies around them. That's crap. Young blokes need senior players around them that impact games.
Should be part of any teams selection policy to play people on merit, at the moment few players are getting a game ahead of him on merit. Fwiw it doesnt particularly make me happy either but it is what it is.

Would love for him to be kept out of the side due to performing players but its simply not the case, tucker and sleevo and recently ccj were obvious exibits.

Hugh is an awesome team man. Always on the chopping block to make way for some grinning spud with no heart. Symptomatic of the issues at this club.
Soup campbell had a similar un-selfish Attitude.

Meanwhile look at cz running around like a peacock, iam not signing till the team lifts and gives me a wheelchair ride...

Fmd.

Soup campbell had a similar un- selfish Attitude.

Hands down my favourite North player of the past 3 years. He should’ve been captain IMO.
I NEVER get to the end of the game and question if he gave his all or wants to be out there. I don’t know why a club in our position refuses to reward that.

I'm not a Hugh fan.

Ditto
He’s not a chf
He’s too slow to play mid

He’s cooked

He tries tho

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Hughie did a pretty good job of neutralising Harris Andrews as a serious threat

Yes like Charlie but different , one mark four hit outs for our CHF/ruck is good.

Can't believe we lost tbh.

And Greenwood can play as many games as he desires, love him and his efforts, but FFS, FMD let's get serious.
It is time.

Obviously is a bit on the slow side but I feel we are getting bashed in the midfield and are lacking a big body in there from time to time, LDU can’t do it by himself and Powell ect are just getting monstered at times, could we throw Hughie in there?

Obviously is a bit on the slow side but I feel we are getting bashed in the midfield and are lacking a big body in there from time to time, LDU can’t do it by himself and Powell ect are just getting monstered at times, could we throw Hughie in there?
Oh here's a thought how's about Jy Simpkin .

We are getting out muscles all around the ground every week. Why has it taken so long for Clarko to bring in a senior player such as Hugh to help protect the kids a bit? I get that he won’t be in our next premiership, but we can’t have Wardlaw Powell LDU getting flogged every week and then expect them to turn up against the lower sides when it’s our turn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #1: Hugh Greenwood - 51AFC gms/32GC gms/38NM games - 52 goals - retires post '24 - thx Hughy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back