Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Central Districts
Re: Richard Tambling officially a Crow!

Extraordinary. 2 picks including a first rounder for a guy who couldn't hold a spot in a bottom 4 side?

Surely not...

wow

seems over the odds.
Well, it was always touted they were going to give up the compo pick... first rounder technically, but really in other years its a mid 2nd rounder (pick 30 or so) plus a 3rd rounder (really a 4th rounder) which maybe collected via Griffin.

If it is indeed coming via Fremantle, is there a chance we wouldn't have even used it - given how many rookies we have pushing for promotion?

Well, it was always touted they were going to give up the compo pick... first rounder technically, but really in other years its a mid 2nd rounder (pick 30 or so) plus a 3rd rounder (really a 4th rounder) which maybe collected via Griffin.

:thumbsu:
very happy with that! welcome to the Crows Tambling

Extraordinary. 2 picks including a first rounder for a guy who couldn't hold a spot in a bottom 4 side?

Surely not...

It's not really a first round pick though, it's an "end of first round pick" that is really more similar to a priority pick than anything else - and comes after the priorities apparently - with a value more like an early second round pick.

Never the less, I remain less than enthused about Tambling.

Sure, it looks like the Crows may have overpaid a little here.

But think about it this way, at the end of the day if it was the 3rd rounder standing in the way of doing this deal, you'd be silly not to go through with it, particularly if you really wanted the player and the Crows seem to have been really keen on him.

Also remember, Tambling was a contracted player, therefore you always need to pay a little extra to move contracted players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cant say I will miss Tambling ! Thats because I follow the tigers first and still have a fair soft spot for the crows.

Good luck to him, a bit more class in your midfield will do wonders for his confidence. Make no mistake Tambo is a confidence player. When he is on, he is a darn good player.

The club did say they would be aggressive traders ......that doesn't mean talk tough and negotiate miserly picks

It means getting the players you target and sometimes over the odds .....that said we maybe went a 3rd pick too many ..... but at least we got our man with sufficient time to negotiate other deals .......time can be your enemy and now we can re-focus :thumbsu:

I think it's a decent trade, maybe a touch in favour of the Tigers. Tambling could be a really good player and when you consider that the 3rd rounder is a nothing pick it seems okay.

Where is he going to play?

Welcome to the Mighty Adelaide Football Club, Richard.

I'm a little nervous that we may have given a bit too much but nevertheless, I'm glad we've given him a chance I'll support him 100%. On the plus side if he improves with us it could turn out to be a bargain.

I always had time for him, cant say im sad to see him go, but I wish him all the best. I think the deal is pretty fair to be honest. Not sure why the 3rd rounder was included though.

If it is indeed coming via Fremantle, is there a chance we wouldn't have even used it - given how many rookies we have pushing for promotion?

Yeah, I think this may be it.

Quite happy with this, have had my eye on Tambling for about half a year. There's some risk with picking him, as there is with any trade, but he's a highly talented player and at 24, so he's potentially high reward.

Hopefully he can flourish with a change of surrondings. I'd think we'd be playing him off half back?

Welcome to the AFC Richard Tambling!:thumbsu:

That said, I'm disappointed we chucked in the third round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back