1 year wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Jason Heatley, i dont kno if its been already said, because i havent checked al the pagers... but this bloke in 97 was a star and that was it

Been some rippers in this thread. Steve Lawrence & Paul Dear (Norm Smith medallist) for us in 91.

Jason Heatley, Mick Dwyer in the 80s, does anyone remember a player Handley for Hawks in about 85?

Reckon number 1 has to be allen jakovich, or possibly adrian mcadam.

Who me?

I think it was a preseason match in London between North and Carlton (may have been an exhibition) prior to the 1988 season, a bit of a scuffle developed. Clarkson came in from the side/behind and king hit Aitken who was knocked out. Aitken was never the same again. Not sure whether he heard footsteps after that or not but that is the way it went down.

I was there and Clarkson is and was a gutless thug

Justin Sherman is working his way back to being a valuable player recently, but his second season was phenomenal. 2nd in the best and fairest.

I hope your correct, but from what I've seen over the duration of seasons 2007-2008, Justin Sherman has become a shadow of him former self on the football field.

In 2006 he oozed confidence, kicked a plethora of audacious goals and was racking up possies at will. 2007-2008 has been a completely different story; turns the ball over, misses simple attempts at goal and seems to have groomed into a tagging role from Leigh - which I get the impression he dislikes.

I'm not writing him off yet, his 2006 season was sensational and his impressive performances were too consistant for it to be called a fluke - but the clock is ticking.

Been some rippers in this thread. Steve Lawrence & Paul Dear (Norm Smith medallist) for us in 91.

Jason Heatley, Mick Dwyer in the 80s, does anyone remember a player Handley for Hawks in about 85?

Reckon number 1 has to be allen jakovich, or possibly adrian mcadam.

yeah stephen handley, he was from gippsland (willow grove/hill end) from memory. he trained us in the juniors one night in 86, good bloke and could play, but i can't remember what happened to him.

yeah stephen handley, he was from gippsland (willow grove/hill end) from memory. he trained us in the juniors one night in 86, good bloke and could play, but i can't remember what happened to him.

His name is Robert Handley after he went to Hawthorn had a few years at St Kilda and then ended up at Central Districts in the SANFL. His first season at the Hawks was sensational I am pretty it was 1985 as well.

Handley ended up with Central Districts in the SANFL, then onto country footy in the Barossa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Incredible dog act by Clarkson. Aitken was only shaping up at the time and not causing any damage for that to be necessary. Interesting Gleeson chasing seemed to know what was about to happen as he arrived and made similar contact on Clarkson an instant after his king hit. Wayne Johnston then got Clarkson a beauty. It didn't mention Gleeson's report so maybe he got away with his hit.
Aparently Walls instructions to his players at then next break was that Clarkson was not to walk off the ground at the end of the game.
Music to the likes of Rys Jones and Jimmy Buckleys ears.

Remove this Banner Ad

1 year wonders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back