Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a good look at him on Sunday and he is definitely closer to the 193cm mark. Stood close to Shaun McKernan (listed height of 196cm) and was close to him.

Still looked skinny in a baggy jumper and doesn't have a head for tv but the reports are he is tracking for a return nicely.

Really excited to see him play and keep Gwilt out of the team (see how well we did without him on the weekend).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Francis to have 5 or 6 games in the VFL - Let him be cherry ripe before seeing AFL action.
In a succeeding team I see the point of getting them cherry ripe but in our situation is it really necessary. What happens if his first game is a 100 point loss and all that built confidence going into his first game is completely shot. Give him a few kpi's he must tick and get him in.

In a succeeding team I see the point of getting them cherry ripe but in our situation is it really necessary. What happens if his first game is a 100 point loss and all that built confidence going into his first game is completely shot. Give him a few kpi's he must tick and get him in.

My view is that any games a first year player achieves is a bonus.

My view is that any games a first year player achieves is a bonus.

Clearly the club would get nowhere with that attitude, glad you're not coach.

First year players must be vying for Rising Star and/or Brownlow, else they should be delisted.

When kicking inside 50 opponents don't look to hit their teammates, just avoid Francis.

He also climbs into the stands and marks the ball after goals have been kicked. He has a thing about letting the ball touch the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back