Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Twombstone puff-piece, quotes Dan Richardson :think:

Cal Twomey said:
Bombers football manager Dan Richardson told AFL.com.au the club was hopeful Francis will be back sooner rather than later, but a set date had not been locked in.

"Nothing is set in stone, but his program is building to a point at the moment where he's involved in a good percentage of normal training, which is good," Richardson said.

"We're just wanting to get Aaron at a stage that gives him the best opportunity to not only play his best footy, but obviously get some continuity as well.

"It's hard to put a definitive timeline on it, but hopefully if it all keeps progressing OK we're getting closer to introducing him back into some games."

He has struggled to meet the running and fitness demands required for the top level and had some soft-tissue concerns, but has shown his ability in defence and close to goal with Essendon's VFL side and is a terrific intercept mark.
http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-04-13/francis-progressing-well

It's good that he's in training I assume full time. Hopefully he is past the worst of his illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bloody CPA exam.... why couldn't it have been before this weekend.

I literally live a few hundred metres away

I live directly across from Vic Park.
So we will have a bbq with a few of the boys and cheer on the lads.

I am pumped that Aaron is back in the side. I hope that he enjoys himself and the coaches give him the opportunity to play his natural game. This kid could be anything... still.

Here’s to Francis reaching his potential!

Stood next to Baguely, Fletch and one of his sons with his boys on the fwd pocket side - opposite end to Francis for the first Qrt.

We all remarked on Francis’s few marks. Mid way in the first he took a great intercept mark and played on quickly leading to a diving mark by another bomber player.

I revokon when he left the ground our defence begun to struggle and it was down hill from there.

I hope that the coaches can give this guy a crack.

I know they want to manage his minutes but far out give the guy a damn go. He is a natural.
If not we risk losing him to a team that will simply allow him the freedom to play his natural game.

I have written a lot about fitness and effort with him, but I reckon he is like an old fashion footballer that just needs to be played.

Of few of us joked in the first quarter that he should be played on the wing to compete, get him fit and find another gear....guess all the scientists running the game know better..

Stood next to Baguely, Fletch and one of his sons with his boys on the fwd pocket side - opposite end to Francis for the first Qrt.

We all remarked on Francis’s few marks. Mid way in the first he took a great intercept mark and played on quickly leading to a diving mark by another bomber player.

I revokon when he left the ground our defence begun to struggle and it was down hill from there.

I hope that the coaches can give this guy a crack.

I know they want to manage his minutes but far out give the guy a damn go. He is a natural.
If not we risk losing him to a team that will simply allow him the freedom to play his natural game.

I have written a lot about fitness and effort with him, but I reckon he is like an old fashion footballer that just needs to be played.

Of few of us joked in the first quarter that he should be played on the wing to compete, get him fit and find another gear....guess all the scientists running the game know better..
What lead to the diving mark was Francis's poor skills.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back