Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

His speech was brilliant, I feel terrible for him though. Just hope he can find happiness doing something aside from playing whether that is in footy or not.
Definitely a career cut short. Could have been him receiving the brownlow

Let's not go crazy
Still wild that he finished third that one time. Made even better by the fact that he didn't cop an invite to the count lol

Went to sleep after his speech, figured they were going to euthanise the retired players on stage after/during the song and I didn't want to have to see that. Vale

How many times will Simon Goodwin mention that we lost Gus in 2025? Over/under 3.5?

Thought Gus was at an AA meeting for a moment when he opened up with "my name is Angus Brayshaw im a...." then I saw him holding a glass of champas and realised he actually wasn't.

I thought is was fantastic. A moment of authenticity surrounded by some of the worst television masquerading as entertainment you ever could see. And I’d love some more ads to have been slotted in there because they were great. Really impressive by Gus, particularly given I have heard he’s been struggling this year.

Did Melbourne Demons legend Josh Schache get a mention in the speech? Would have been nice if he whished his step ladder well in their retirement. The mark and goal is outrageous football but the bit where Gus kills Josh a minute after is fantastic viewing.

His post-gf speech with Garry was all-time as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times will Simon Goodwin mention that we lost Gus in 2025? Over/under 3.5?
Should be zero, probably will last the season at least so I'd smash the over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Angus Brayshaw – retired due to concussion (22/02). Thanks for everything, Gus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back