Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not condoning what he did, but he was never convicted for domestic violence. He was found guilty of stalking his former partner because she put an AVO on him, he was off his nut and wanted to see his kids. That would’ve been awful for her. I’m not simping for him at all. Life isn’t black and white, it’s complicated. I don’t think he’s been so evil that he doesn’t deserve a second chance.

I’ve known a lot of people that went off the rails and never came back. The people that do go off the rails and get their lives together are an inspiration to someone who is currently feeling like they can never get out of the hole they’ve put themselves in.

1702897507552.jpeg

I’m not condoning what he did, but he was never convicted for domestic violence. He was found guilty of stalking his former partner because she put an AVO on him, he was off his nut and wanted to see his kids. That would’ve been awful for her. I’m not simping for him at all. Life isn’t black and white, it’s complicated. I don’t think he’s been so evil that he doesn’t deserve a second chance.

I’ve known a lot of people that went off the rails and never came back. The people that do go off the rails and get their lives together are an inspiration to someone who is currently feeling like they can never get out of the hole they’ve put themselves in.
TBF he came back from a very deep hole, tore up his dad real bad
Credit to Cousins though, he seems to be pretty much straight now

Cousins was a f*cking freak footballer. Despite his offield issues also worked as hard as anyone on the track. If Colby turns out to be anything like him as a player, we will win flags (plural).
I heard a story that in Cousins’ heyday the Eagles fitness staff had to stop him training so much because they feared his muscles would collapse.

Apparently on the way home from trainings he would stop at a park and keep training. Absolute freak to the point he must’ve had some sort of hyper fixation to training.

No wonder he could run 15 kms a game and not break a sweat.

Anyway, let’s hope Colby gets somewhat near his level as a footballer.

I heard a story that in Cousins’ heyday the Eagles fitness staff had to stop him training so much because they feared his muscles would collapse.

Apparently on the way home from trainings he would stop at a park and keep training. Absolute freak to the point he must’ve had some sort of hyper fixation to training.

No wonder he could run 15 kms a game and not break a sweat.

Anyway, let’s hope Colby gets somewhat near his level as a footballer.
Fair to assume there may of been a reason why he was super energetic and just needed to run...

I can’t believe the simping for cousins. He is a convicted DV perp.
I can't believe that you just used "simping", but putting that aside, people in this thread saying that he has been on a hell or a journey or that he was good at football doesn't mean that they condone stalking or whatever he was convicted of.

Lefties are strange units
As a child of (Old Man Kraks), and also happened to marry one (Mrs Kraks - WA isn’t Tassie, just)
This is the truest statement on Bigfooty this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree completely with this. There has to be some forgiveness in this world. His behaviour reprehensible but for all his crimes she was an addict as well and no saint. That’s not to condone. But for the grace of God …..

That’s something an inferior right-handed pleb would say…
season 8 GIF

Same. One of my cousins has been out of contact for almost a year now. Hopefully he shows up at Christmas. The kid has always looked up to the gangsters in my family, but he doesn’t have that in him. It’s not a mindset that someone can just take on, but he’s been hitting the glass barby and banking on the reputation of some of my other cousins. I’m pretty worried about him tbh.
It’s a dirty game that has brought misery to so many families. Hopefully your cousin can step outside of that life👍

Didn't Dean Laidley do that and now he is held up as a hero.
There has to be a space where people can work through their issues, accept and recognise their past poor behaviours and come out the other side as better people. Laidley clearly lived with significant identity issues for a very long time which would have led her to behave in ways in which I am sure she regrets, but she has now hopefully come out the other side as a person who is in a place where they can lead a life free of those behaviours.

If we can't grow as people and seek forgiveness from those we hurt, what's the point of trying to be a better human?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #10: Colby McKercher - R9 AFL RS nom - goes bang w/ 37d on his return vs GCS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back