Senior 10. Mimi Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Not yet 7 months on from her ACL injury and she's finished top 2 in the yoyo test at training. May have won it, not sure.

Freak. Can't wait to see her back out there.

According to Womens.afl, she tied with Georgia Gee - very impressive.

I think it may have been in an interview with Munro (women’s footy boss) he mentioned that they didn’t want to put a timeframe on her comeback/recovery as she’d see it as a challenge and do her utmost to beat it.

According to one of their fitness coaches in an interview last week, she’s already on light contact work.

Very driven and hard-working young lass and proud she is on our side. If she sticks around, I can definitely see her as a future captain.

Should absolutely win it, but won't.

But the best news is what was said on The W podcast. Apparently she told Darcy "I want to play with you forever ... ". Can't see Darcy being anything but a one-club player, so that's one young star of the team we won't be losing to an expansion club.

This young lady is just that…A STAR.

Returning from an ACL no less, played, from memory 6 of 10 games. Played a huge part in our late season resurgence. She is both footballer and athlete and clearly dedicated and determined to return from major injury. Reckon she had at least 3 BOG performances to close out the season, and I may be selling her short.

If injury doesn’t impact, we will be talking of her in the same breath as already legendary ladies named Phillips and Pearce in a few short years.

Absolutely deserved. Possibly a cleaner player than Maddy P. If we can keep her she will be huge for us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We will keep
Mimi . Hope madds and GG stay the long haul. Shout out to our AA skipper

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wow, I'm gobsmacked. When she didn't even get in the 22 under 22 team I thought she was no chance at this, even though she thoroughly deserved it. I guess the person who said they thought 22 under 22 is a fan voted thing may have been right.

So happy for Mim after the effort she's put in and what she's had to fight through. Has shown amazing character for one so young.

Mondyboy, she said in her interview on the AFLW podcast a few weeks ago that she'd said to Darcy "I want to play with you forever". I can't see Darcy going anywhere, given her reaction to Bri Davey's departure, so I think we've got Mim around the place for a few years yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember watching Mimi's early games and thinking she is something a bit different with her run and play.

Then Bang.

Then watching her return game, you just say Wow, this is a supreme athlete to come back and look head and shoulders above run wise. Then you started seeing how her footy had come along too.

Serious serious athlete. And top level footballer.

She gets to contests like Sam Walsh. And runs away from them the same way too. Just keeps running, and keeps getting it, and then running away with it.

Remember watching Mimi's early games and thinking she is something a bit different with her run and play.

Then Bang.

Then watching her return game, you just say Wow, this is a supreme athlete to come back and look head and shoulders above run wise. Then you started seeing how her footy had come along too.

Serious serious athlete. And top level footballer.

She gets to contests like Sam Walsh. And runs away from them the same way too. Just keeps running, and keeps getting it, and then running away with it.

Well said Kat .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The sky is the limit for Mimi.

Just as Sam Walsh has already established himself as one of the elite players in the men's competition, Mimi will most likely quickly achieves similar status in the women's competition.

this is an extraordinary achievement........brilliant commitment to our club to not just do the rehab but work her way back to such a high standard........mimi you star!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back