10 Reasons why Fitzroy supporters should feel aggrieved that Richmond haven't been asked to fold

Remove this Banner Ad

Porke"d

Cancelled
Sep 27, 2016
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Listed below are 10 definitive arguments why Fitzroy has surpassed Richmond.

1) In the last game Fitzroy played, they lost by 86 points. In the last game Richmond played, they lost by 113
2) Fitzroy have won more finals in the past 30 years
3) Fitzroy supporters never #eco - they're still a strong and vibrant community
4) Fitzroy have had a higher winning % over University than Richmond ever have against University - a record that has remained for over 80 years continuing
5) Fitzroy were a founding club, part of the fabric of ther AFL. Richmond was the first expansion franchise
6) Despite being around for nearly 15 more years, Richmond have only won 2 more flags than the Lions
7) Fitzroy supporters can change tyres
8) Fitzroy had more supporters (48k) to the MCG for their last game than Richmond to their last game at the G (45k)
9) Brunswick St is the cultural heart of Melbourne. Punt Rd is an ugly service road that clogs up worse than a Ross Lyin flood
10) Don't believe me about the first 9 points? Well observe this below

Fitzroy's last team in 1996 was

FF:
Chris Johnson Jeff Hogg Marty Warry
HF:John Barker Simon Hawking John McCarthy
C:Scott Bamford Martin Pike Nick Carter
HB:Shane Clayton Jarrod Molloy Matthew Dent
FB: Rowan Warfe Stephen Paxman Danny Morton
FOLL Matthew Primus Brad Boyd Simon Atkins
INT Brett Chandler Peter Doyle John Rombotis

Now ask yourself. How many Richmond players from their last match against Sydney would actually make that side. I could find 8.

FF:Chris Johnson Jeff Hogg Sam Lloyd
HF:
John Barker Jack Riewoldt Daniel Rioli
C:
Scott Bamford Martin Pike Shane Edwards
HB:
Jarrod Molloy Alex Rance Matthew Dent
FB: Rowan Warfe Stephen Paxman Bachar Houli
FOLL
Matthew Primus Dustin Martin Trent Cotchin
INT
Brett Chandler Peter Doyle John Rombotis

It's official; the AFL ballsed up in '96 and shot Bambi to save Quasimodo

1) In the last game Fitzroy played, they lost by 86 points. In the last game Richmond played, they lost by 113
4) Fitzroy have had a higher winning % over University than Richmond ever have against University - a record that has remained for over 80 years continuing
5) Fitzroy were a founding club, part of the fabric of ther AFL. Richmond was the first expansion franchise
6) Despite being around for nearly 15 more years, Richmond have only won 2 more flags than the Lions
8) Fitzroy had more supporters (48k) to the MCG for their last game than Richmond to their last game at the G (45k)
9) Brunswick St is the cultural heart of Melbourne. Punt Rd is an ugly service road that clogs up worse than a Ross Lyin flood

FF:

Now ask yourself. How many Richmond players from their last match against Sydney would actually make that side. I could find 8.

HF:
C:
HB:
FOLL
INT

Glad you left Matthew Dent in both sides. Much loved premiership coach of the Mighty Happy Valley Vikings. But would have left Simon Atkins in there, at least displacing John Rombotis.:$

Porked makes a compelling argument, except Richmond is the undisputed king of providing AFL lulz whereas Fitztroy's merely tragic & sad. We need to keep the Tigers around as a sinkhole for the detritus of the draft, an example of the meaninglessness of "big 4" status, and a vital element of Harvey Norman's microwave marketing strategy.

Oh and before you even start Catscratch let me save you the trouble - "Shut Up D/H!". There, you can relax now lil' fella.

FF:

HF:
C:
HB:
FOLL
INT

Atkins the great ranga robbed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

michael-voss-of-the-bears-in-action-during-a-brisbane-training-held-picture-id51069705

Brisbane would be wearing it's rightful guernsey

Porked makes a compelling argument, except Richmond is the undisputed king of providing AFL lulz whereas Fitztroy's merely tragic & sad. We need to keep the Tigers around as a sinkhole for the detritus of the draft, an example of the meaninglessness of "big 4" status, and a vital element of Harvey Norman's microwave marketing strategy.

Oh and before you even start Catscratch let me save you the trouble - "Shut Up D/H!". There, you can relax now lil' fella.
I see you couldn't help mentioning the meaningless of "big 4" status, I guess if you can't get in it then pretend it doesn't matter to you, poor Hawks 3 flags in a row and still as irrelevant as ever.

FF:

HF:
C:
HB:
FOLL
INT

They should feel even more aggrieved that your club, the Power EST 1997 was their direct replacement, one flag while still sucking on the AFL's tit followed by a record loss to Geelong, more broke than the Lions ever were and in any State that counts ie. not Adelaide, Power are still less popular than the 'Roys.

They should feel even more aggrieved that your club, the Power EST 1997 was their direct replacement, one flag while still sucking on the AFL's tit followed by a record loss to Geelong, more broke than the Lions ever were and in any State that counts ie. not Adelaide, Power are still less popular than the 'Roys.
Tugger7209 I do admire your passion for your franchise and you seem to be one of the few Tuggers that hasn't eco'd.

But let's be honest, if Richmond was a horse you wouldn't just put it down. You would tie concrete blocks to it and dump it out in the Arctic Ocean never to be seen or heard of again. Just like Meatloaf, Shane Woewodin and the substitute rule, it's best we just forget about Richmond as a shameful stuff up in the history of the AFL

Tugger7209 I do admire your passion for your franchise and you seem to be one of the few Tuggers that hasn't eco'd.

But let's be honest, if Richmond was a horse you wouldn't just put it down. You would tie concrete blocks to it and dump it out in the Arctic Ocean never to be seen or heard of again. Just like Meatloaf, Shane Woewodin and the substitute rule, it's best we just forget about Richmond as a shameful stuff up in the history of the AFL

Fitzroy were disbanded owing to debt not ability, something we should start doing with some of the leach like franchises clubs like Richmond now have to support, we are debt free and average a flag every 10.9 years, let me know when the puffer franchise matches that and I might listen.

Don't worry about the eco's in our club they are few but loud as are most minorities, many pea hearts amongst them unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

10 Reasons why Fitzroy supporters should feel aggrieved that Richmond haven't been asked to fold

Remove this Banner Ad

Back