Past #11: Michael Firrito - did #11 proud - 2017 assistant coach at Strathmore FC w/ HMac & Narni

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly... I hope Boomer sees this and the fans reaction to it.

Might be an important perspective for him.

yep. honestly, we are all upset by the fact all four were told b4 the round 23 game, and they way it was done. But, when push cones to shove (boomer and del were adamant they wanted to know) they didnt like the answer. the writing was on the wall all year.
spud's firm wasnt bad, in fact was far better than all if them, even boomer, but he is the only one to actually realise and gracefully take the news.

Good luck in the future Spud!

Love you Spud, loved watching you play.

Defenders typically don't get the recognition they deserve, but they get the job done. Be proud of what you have accomplished, we are proud of you and will be a Shinboner for life.

Just a heads up, Mick has been appointed playing Assistant Coach at Strathmore Football Club. Nathan Grima will be Senior Coach. To continue the North flavour, Hamish McIntosh has signed for a second season in 2017 after a solid year finishing 3rd in the B&F. (Cal Urch also played a few games this year).

Hope to see a few of you down at Lebanon Reserve next year to see these guys running around. Spud will be awesome at that level.

Just a heads up, Mick has been appointed playing Assistant Coach at Strathmore Football Club. Nathan Grima will be Senior Coach. To continue the North flavour, Hamish McIntosh has signed for a second season in 2017 after a solid year finishing 3rd in the B&F. (Cal Urch also played a few games this year).

Hope to see a few of you down at Lebanon Reserve next year to see these guys running around. Spud will be awesome at that level.
I hate Strathmore

Narni as head coach.

Must get out and listen to the huddles.

Love you Spud, loved watching you play.

Defenders typically don't get the recognition they deserve, but they get the job done. Be proud of what you have accomplished, we are proud of you and will be a Shinboner for life.
Could not have said better words I will miss u Spud. I will miss the way you play as there is no one like u in this team Enjoy your family and good luck with the new baby

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum spend some time in the " big house " ?

Spud listed as a guest on Marngrook Footy show tomorrow night, will be good to hear from him post retirement.

I hope he can talk Phil Krakouer out of his plan to discontinue the memberships of his entire family next year over the Boomer issue.

I hope he can talk Phil Krakouer out of his plan to discontinue the memberships of his entire family next year over the Boomer issue.
Gee that's disappointing. I walked passed Phil and his Family at one of our games earlier in the year and thought to myself how good it is to see a great of our club simply rocking up to the footy and supporting the Mighty Kangas. :stern look

And you know what comes next when Marngrook's mentioned TT.

This week's Gilliism:

"Spud, Spud youse blokes got rid of all them champions like Boomer and Drew Petrie and "the duck" Wayne Carey in the last couple of years do reckon youse blokes are going to have to have a big dropoff off the edge mate and have to go back and get some kids Spud? I reckon North Melbourne, look I love the kangas, yeh they give it a shot every year but youse blokes are just so old and really need to get in some kids to replace blokes like big Drewie and the Arch in the next few years."

Really? Is that true, TT?

Unfortunately so GoNorth. In the wake of the Boomer news breaking Phil stated on Marngrook that he'd called the club to make his and his family's displeasure known, and he'd gone a step further and driven to the club and hand delivered their entire family's membership cards saying "we won't be rejoining next year, we're that disgusted in the treatment of Boomer."

I shook my head while watching at the time but there you go. I've seen his daughter back up that story on Facebook as well.

Unfortunately so GoNorth. In the wake of the Boomer news breaking Phil stated on Marngrook that he'd called the club to make his and his family's displeasure known, and he'd gone a step further and driven to the club and hand delivered their entire family's membership cards saying "we won't be rejoining next year, we're that disgusted in the treatment of Boomer."

I shook my head while watching at the time but there you go. I've seen his daughter back up that story on Facebook as well.

Oh, that's very disappointing to hear. :'( I also was/am very disappointed in the Boomer delisting but I would never consider not renewing my membership because of it.

and this is where boomer should show how much of a north melbourne great he is, and call/speak to phil and his family, and anyone else thinking not to renew, that the club us bigger than any one player. the whole thing was handled poorly, but boomer and dal contributed to that.

micky and drew are the two that have handled them selves with dignity, the other two, not so much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back