Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know how long it normally takes to recover from a broken thumb?

Agree with others here that he will be hard to cover because of the pressure he provides. The upside I guess is the chance to see where others are at while he's out.

Hope he’s back next week as he’s clearly our next best option as a midfield rotation with McGrath, Shiel and Caldwell out.
We'll probably learn in the injury update this week what his timeline is.

One thing that we did miss was how he positions himself during the game. It is not really a recordable stat but he is very good at defending the middle of the ground. He just gets into the middle and it makes the opposition second guess if they want go there.

One thing that we did miss was how he positions himself during the game. It is not really a recordable stat but he is very good at defending the middle of the ground. He just gets into the middle and it makes the opposition second guess if they want go there.
Good team player plays the team role well.

I know you bang on about it a fair bit in several player threads but I am hoping people are now seeing how important these guys are by how they are missed when they're out and others don't play the role to the same standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doing full training (running etc) and a little bit of ball work. Will build up over the next couple of weeks.

Forward Will Snelling will look to continue building his ball skills as he returns from a thumb injury.

With touch work being the only impediment for the 23-year-old, Murphy said Snelling was maintaining a strong fitness level across his rehabilitation.

“Snell’s had surgery on that thumb (and is) tracking really well,” Murphy said.

“He’s able to get full training loads in and it doesn’t impede running abilities.

“He’s able to do a little bit of ball work with the group, but he’ll build up over the next couple of weeks.”

Funny how important he has become. Not our best or anything, but huge for pressure.
Smith had that B&F year where his pressure was insane.

Even though Smith is a more skilful player, Snelling has gone past him in this type of role.

In terms of balance would rather replace Smith with the type of player Durham might be if he is good enough.

As I've mentioned before for some reason has always been a player that infuriates me with some of his errors but realistically he has rarely been alone, probably just picked him as easy to blame.

Well done though on securing some short term comfort and security. Has been made to wait until well into postseason previously and only one year deals so great effort and reward.
Really happy for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back