Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many times he disposes the ball in a manner which put the receiver under unnecessary pressure - and often these are just easy sideways kicks, handballs etc. SO frustrating.

Does some good things and overall I do like him but if he reduced the amount of dumbass moments he has by half, we'd be a 1-2 goal better team a week.

No doubt he has some games where it seems he has a pumpkin on his head but he also gets a lot of stick for it compared to a few others who often have more WTF moments.

I don't think I have less faith with a player with ball in hand than Will.

Brings what he brings, but won't be there when the whips are cracking.

Perspective.
Parish 43 disposals. 13 turnovers. 6 clangers.
Merrett 36 disposals.10 turnovers. 7 clangers.
Snelling 24 disposals . 4 turnovers. 1 clanger.
He can make some dumb decisions but because he is not one of the golden boys people want to jump on them a lot quicker.

Perspective.
He can make some dumb decisions but because he is not one of the golden boys people want to jump on them a lot quicker.
Whipping boy gonna get whipped

Perspective.

There are statistics & there's what the eyes tell you.

A non-clanger can still be a dumb decision - like giving it to a guy who is about to be tackled, or putting it on the wrong side of their body - i.e. not to advantage. He gives it everything, and I think that's fantastic - but you can't teach what he lacks.

A non-clanger can still be a dumb decision - like giving it to a guy who is about to be tackled, or putting it on the wrong side of their body - i.e. not to advantage. He gives it everything, and I think that's fantastic - but you can't teach what he lacks.

And then there are people who have blinkers over their eyes and can not read the game or take the bias view and nit pick every mistake and not actually see there are plenty of others that do the same all day long. He makes a few mistakes. He does not do it more than most do.
Do not see you in the Parish thread questioning his turnovers kicking inside 50 or his kicks to non advantage.
Whipping boy mentality.

Was he actually playing down there? Thought he was just playing in the midfield and helping out down back when he could.

...Well, trying to help out.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think he was there a bit early on. The last moment I saw was when he was caught out v Tom Hawkins. No idea how that happened (and certainly not his fault).

I think he was there a bit early on. The last moment I saw was when he was caught out v Tom Hawkins. No idea how that happened (and certainly not his fault).
Roll over defense. Not ideal but doing the team thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And then there are people who have blinkers over their eyes and can not read the game or take the bias view and nit pick every mistake and not actually see there are plenty of others that do the same all day long. He makes a few mistakes. He does not do it more than most do.
Do not see you in the Parish thread questioning his turnovers kicking inside 50 or his kicks to non advantage.
Whipping boy mentality.

Is that directed at me, or a general observation?

Is that directed at me, or a general observation?
General observation.
Anyway we do not agree. I have no issues with most of what I see in Snelling. I know he is not a star. He has had a few poor games decision making wise but he has also had a number of good games. Ideally we could upgrade him at some stage but not until we find someone that gives us the team stuff and the understanding of the team defense.
I just find it slightly amusing people tend to smash the whipping boys for the same issues the golden boys have in their games as well.

He really just misses touch on some handballs

Still adds more than he lacks.

I think if he was 185cms he wouldn’t cop the same level of crap

So does Perkins

General observation.
Anyway we do not agree. I have no issues with most of what I see in Snelling. I know he is not a star. He has had a few poor games decision making wise but he has also had a number of good games. Ideally we could upgrade him at some stage but not until we find someone that gives us the team stuff and the understanding of the team defense.
I just find it slightly amusing people tend to smash the whipping boys for the same issues the golden boys have in their games as well.

Cool. Happy to agree to disagree. As I said...I love what he brings - imagine if you game Bernard Tomic his will to win..?

I liked his game last night, btw.

Perspective.

He makes his errors because he’s too selfless as well. Often looking to handball when he should be the one looking to kick.

Reckon this is pretty harsh take as I see most of Snelling’s errors come from holding onto the ball too long refusing to blindly kick to the opposition.

He’s only played 35 games and is a natural midfielder who is still improving as a forward. Plenty of improvement left in him and will play 150 plus games for the club.

In a premiership side I don't think he makes the 22. But he should develop into a 20-26 depth player when we are (hopefully) challenging.

How many Premiership sides run out with their best 22? Can think of Richmond 2017 of the top of my head

In a premiership side I don't think he makes the 22. But he should develop into a 20-26 depth player when we are (hopefully) challenging.

How many Premiership sides run out with their best 22? Can think of Richmond 2017 of the top of my head

Think this view is more a stigma around him being a mid season draft pick then an accurate reflection of his footballing ability.

He's basically a more productive version of Jason Castagna that can kick so that's not really true

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back