Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d go less productive Kane Lambert as a more apt comparison. Castagna is a genuine athlete who competes well in the air and has elite pace.

Would have Castagna as better than Rioli as well.
He's better with the pressure stuff than Lambert.

He makes his errors because he’s too selfless as well. Often looking to handball when he should be the one looking to kick.
Team mans curse.

Cool. Happy to agree to disagree. As I said...I love what he brings - imagine if you game Bernard Tomic his will to win..?

I liked his game last night, btw.
Bernie hates tennis but it has been the only way he can earn $200k plus a year until recently but that is a story for somewhere else. I know what you are saying.

He does a lot I like but I’m just not sure we can have a forward who can’t kick more than 35m

Unfortunately he just doesn’t have the size or strength to make an impact at this level
Nah

He does a lot I like but I’m just not sure we can have a forward who can’t kick more than 35m

Unfortunately he just doesn’t have the size or strength to make an impact at this level

He's impacted plenty of games this year.

Can probably only play one of Ham, Devon or Snelling.

Snelling has runs on the board so he’s be my pick of the three

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was ok tonight.

Our problem tonight was fwd pressure. Giants ran the ball the length of the ground numerous times from their back half. North did too last week.

I thought he was ok tonight.

Our problem tonight was fwd pressure. Giants ran the ball the length of the ground numerous times from their back half. North did too last week.
Is the in the side to enforce forward pressure?

Given you can’t just run up to a bloke that’s marked the ball uncontested and tackle him I don’t really think that’s a Snelling specific problem.

He made a poor decision when he went for goal, he should have either kept running or given it off, other than that he was pretty good, one of the few that showed strength over the ball

In a premiership side I don't think he makes the 22. But he should develop into a 20-26 depth player when we are (hopefully) challenging.

How many Premiership sides run out with their best 22? Can think of Richmond 2017 of the top of my head

There's been a few versions of a Snelling in some of Richmond's premierships sides.

Is the in the side to enforce forward pressure?

Actually he has been spending more time up the ground. The forward pressure is down because Walla is clearly injured , Hooks can not get out of his own way and Dev has a stuffed elbow and can not tackle.
Good ordinary player but can be very under rated. One of the few that can actually work out a team defense and where to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

Back