Delisted #11: Will "Meatball" Snelling - Delisted 25/10

Remove this Banner Ad

In all seriousness, Snell is a walk-up start. Love Alwyn. Has a lot of potential but needs to polish his game in the 2s. Snello has the defence in the forward half sewn up and still kicks his goals. Alwyn will need to bide his time. Maybe competes with Menzie atm.
I don't think we've had depth like this since I started following Essendon closely in the last 2000s.

Being able to say to Menzie and Snelling that there's a bloke in the 2s who's a genuine shot at taking their places in the side if they don't deliver every week, unheard of at Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we've had depth like this since I started following Essendon closely in the last 2000s.

Being able to say to Menzie and Snelling that there's a bloke in the 2s who's a genuine shot at taking their places in the side if they don't deliver every week, unheard of at Essendon.
+Walla and Guelfi champing at the bit.

Hated the decision to bring him in but that just goes to show I’m a nuffy, great job Mingma, keep it coming. Perhaps he can be our Jarryd Blair and win us an Anzac game in slightly questionable circumstances.

My one complaint is that it still looks like he doesn't have the leg for set shots from a certain distance.

Other than that, he was really good. Definitely think he should keep his spot for a month at least.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
I see why he was second fiddle to Robbie Gray (no shame in that) but gee he’s a solid cog in the works.

2nd, 3rd and 4th efforts on the deck were bloody impressive today.

All hail king Mingma
Completely forgot about this nickname but I’m pleased it’s still kicking

In all seriousness, Snell is a walk-up start. Love Alwyn. Has a lot of potential but needs to polish his game in the 2s. Snello has the defence in the forward half sewn up and still kicks his goals. Alwyn will need to bide his time. Maybe competes with Menzie atm.
I think it will depend on conditions, matchup and fatigue with Alwyn. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him brought straight back in for ANZAC day (not at Snellings expense). Conditions were suited perfectly for Snelling today and he played very well. True depth when guys outside the 22 step straight in and impact so it was very impressive.

I think it will depend on conditions, matchup and fatigue with Alwyn. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see him brought straight back in for ANZAC day (not at Snellings expense). Conditions were suited perfectly for Snelling today and he played very well. True depth when guys outside the 22 step straight in and impact so it was very impressive.
Depth in the small forward brigade. That is a novel experience for us.

It's about forward fifty defensive pressure for me. Setters and Snello topped our tackle count yesterday. I have no doubt Snelling can do that when the conditions are good. He's proven in that respect. He also has the stamina to support the mids.
Alwyn coming in to exploit the right match-up wouldn't surprise me though, given the Brad Scott match-day vibes that are happening. Maybe games as sub; if he can have the Nick Hind impact like yesterday.
Depth feels awesome!

Alwyn was managed, not omitted. That means he gets paid his match fee for the week, doesn’t play at either level, and is most likely back in the side next week after a freshen up.

Not sure if that means Snelling out or if they manage Menzie next week and someone else the week after.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back