1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

He is lucky that he is paired with an even more unlikeable person in Mark Allen. I've never understood the concept of that show show they do together, it just sounds like a mess.
I've listened to it for many years and it just works. They have brilliant rapport and even though I don't really like Allen, I've loved listening to the run home each and every day from work.

I've listened to it for many years and it just works. They have brilliant rapport and even though I don't really like Allen, I've loved listening to the run home each and every day from work.
Is it the guests you like? Otherwise they sound like a couple of yobbos trying to joke around.

In fairness, I guess that would be chemistry mixing well, just not my cup of tea.

Is it the guests you like? Otherwise they sound like a couple of yobbos trying to joke around.

In fairness, I guess that would be chemistry mixing well, just not my cup of tea.
I enjoy the absolute easiness of their presenting style. Very comfortable with each other and its just a program that flowed well. Has been such a great way to unwind on the drive home and as I mentioned, this is coming from someone who often disagrees with Allen and not a fan of his. But the program just worked.

I enjoy the absolute easiness of their presenting style. Very comfortable with each other and its just a program that flowed well. Has been such a great way to unwind on the drive home and as I mentioned, this is coming from someone who often disagrees with Allen and not a fan of his. But the program just worked.
I agree that they feel natural together, it's never awkward.

Robbo announcing it clearly to have a dig at Hutchy.

Whilst I dislike Hutchy, there two sides in this and he will end up being the winning side with what he has behind him.

Didn’t mind Ox on the show, awful game caller. Allen was unlistenable. Had no idea on any sport except for golf.

Andy Maher at Hutchys house now wiping his bum to get a gig.

So I presume Croc Media (AFL Nation) and SEN will merge it's football production? Will 3AW and 6PR still take an AFL Nation call for some games?

Hard to see how 3AW will let Hutchy produce Sports Today when he owns a competing station.
3aw owns part of sen

Not a surprise for me, although the mode of delivery sounds pretty harsh. Should have given them an opportunity to thank listeners etc.

As I mentioned a few pages back, Schwartz doesn't have a great relationship with Hutchison. A little bit of history there.

The show was very loose, and that's generally not Crocmedia's style. The gap will likely be filled by someone from the Crocmedia stable - some of these guys have already been filling-in on other shifts.

In cricket season?

12 months the year - When you are repeating an interview from the day before ( cricket ) you have an issue - Plus the endless dribble talking about partners/children for the first ten minutes every day - The term is selfish radio.

Unbelievable the Ox lasted 13 years, least knowledgeable person I've ever heard on radio, simply clueless. Just made shit up half the time when he was asked questions.

I think Christian and McGuane over summer will be a tester, could certainly see them given the drive slot.

Don't forget about Bill Brownless - Agree with Christian and McGuane - Two high calibre performers who are well researched and interview in a pure sporting sense, rather than a 'blokey' type of interview in which SEN has become infamous - Their style doesn't usually suit Hutchison's modus operandi, but it is one s needed by SEN - Schwartz and Allen were poor performers so needed to be moved on - Doubt Maher will be a good fit for SEN - Expect Cornes to feature prominently, especially in the footy side of things - Of course the 'elephant in the room' is Robbo.

Don’t mind Campbell but ewwww Cooney. He tries far too hard imo.

Maybe RoCo with someone on drive or the night shift? Actually RoCo would suit the night shift
Chuck isn't bad either, a good mix if cricket and footy knowledge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caroline Wilson to host afternoons on Sen ?

Has more free time now shes not Footy chief of The Age , has hosted afternoons 94/95 on 3aw and drive with Price in 1996 after Paul Barber was sacked

Hutchy owns the footy on 3aw & Sports today & Footy Classified all of which Caro appears on

She Would be about the only female that would be likely to host their own show on Sen

Can you not say that??? It might happen! No one wants that!

Hutchy being so closely linked with the AFL and the AFL wanting to grow the AFLW it just makes it a bit easier to get the AFLs message out to the public if she was hosting her own show 12-3 M to F on Sen

Show could be called "Afternoons Cups and sources with Caro"

Campbell Brown is really good. Fairly insightful than one would assume. He did especially well last year too. I'd listen to him as one half of a afternoon program. Coons & Browny ?

That would be an interesting name for a show lol

Though I would go Darren Chuck Berry & Cambell Brown as hosts for 3-7 M to F

They do that and they'll lose a long time listener. Cannot stand Barrett and won't listen to anything he's involved in. Can't agree with the Campbell Brown love either.

i agree. brown just simply is not articulate enough to co host. HAving said that, i do like his energy, guest spot every now and then is the go.

I agree. Very easy going, good with callers.

In radio IMHO you are either a polished host, or good with listeners.

I yearn for the day when jobs arent just given to ex footy players.

Unbelievable the Ox lasted 13 years, least knowledgeable person I've ever heard on radio, simply clueless. Just made shit up half the time when he was asked questions.

I think Christian and McGuane over summer will be a tester, could certainly see them given the drive slot.

Christo was very good when he was hosting on RSN and I could listen to him on SEN in the morning without any problem at all ... however Mick at times was painful to listen to on the 927 Breakfast show as he murdered the English language on a regular basis by using far too many clichés when interviewing guests as well as describing sporting events. IMHO he also fell into the classic trap of trying to appear to be more intelligent than he actually is, by attempting to be too wordy, usually with inappropriate and some times embarrassing results.

Last edited:
Was it unfair dismissal?
What SEN had to go on to Sack them so abruptly?

SEN are under new management after all now, aren't they? If a new group takes a company over and they want to bring their own guys in at the expense of the guys that were previously there then they are allowed to do that aren't they?

'Happy birthday Ox' - if you ring up and say that you should be shot point blank
That tired old gag cane about because his real birthday is 24 July or it could be a expressed 24/7
So his Birthday is 24/7....

In ways I Feel sorry as he’s lost his job and income.

But he’s lucky too, because he kicked a football well, he was given opportunity well beyond his abilities. Poor articulation should be a disqualification right there.

But he does come across as a decent guy.

Mark Allen besides golf is a know nothing. Just had zero depth in other sports, and no depth.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back