1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Can any recommend any particular Andy vs Dermy bits I could listen to for some entertainment? :grinv1:

It was good having Derm give a counter opinion to Andy

With he other co hosts all same thinking Bob , Gaze and Coons , it is just a one way line of conversation, Derm shook it up

Would the reason that they have Perth doing the midnight slot be because with the 3 hour time difference it’s only 9pm over there and they may be saving on wages because it’s not after midnight ?

I would think so, probably not all about money though. Hutchy does like to share the production around.

For mine, breakfast needs a change. Make 6-12 more newsy and serious discussion so there isn't such a contrast from mornings into Whateley. Move Andy back to the lunch spot where he thrived in 2018 and Dwayne can re-join Sportsday. This leaves drive where Garry and Tim would be better suited but with Tim having channel 7 work, he probably can't do it. In this model, at least the station has flow with sport and news in the morning with entertainment and chat in the afternoon.

Something along the lines of below:
6-9: ????? More hard hitting than currently
9-12: Whateley
12-3: Andy Maher ala 2018
3-6: Garry Lyon and ???????
6-8: Dwayne, Healy, Maclure
8-9 Mon-Thur: Feature show differing by sport [e.g. League, Tennis, Basketball, Soccer]
Rest of schedule: Evenings/Overnights and feature sport/repeat interviews
yes like all of it but I’d just get Garry to comment games

The new Overnights bloke from Perth is a decent fella I'm sure, but he is bland.

Tuned in the last five minutes of Gossage tonight and it sounded like he was having some kind of meltdown/breakdown at someone who had texted in. Was uncomfortable listening.
He’s a peanut. Always has been. Hutchie has some poor broadcasters on his payroll.

Don’t know why Whateley associates himself with such a lack of talent.

Sam Edmund is good IMHO

good probing questions to the english journo relating to Ole Gunner Solskjaer sacking from/by man utd. Kingy no idea, but contributing to the tim paine discussion.

Also, noted that they, and others, are no longer referring to Paine as "SENs own"

Untitled.jpg

GW with an opening sermon on Paine, he's becoming more perfect than Leech.

Agree - Gerard is the most perfect person in the world - Thank God he is going on holidays.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

dwayne talking about the stand rule, quarter lengths. slow news day?

Honestly surprised at this point Dwayne didn’t lead in with ‘Which player at your club would be most likely to do a Tim Paine? And to all North supporters, please don’t call/text saying Wayne Carey… don’t forget the Midday Madness promise, but let me waffle on because shockingly no one is calling in’

Radio that is driven by "call-in" is lazy radio. Means the producers and presenters do have to work too hard to come up with decent material. Just rely on the nuffies calling in to talk about whatever they want to fill the timeslot.
Thats midday madness summed up right there.. lazy radio..

He’s a peanut. Always has been. Hutchie has some poor broadcasters on his payroll.

Are you referring to Tim Gossage? I've always been 50-50 on him, which is probably above-average for SEN these days!

Find him to be okay "in small doses". Has a really shrieky voice which I can't listen to at length. Has a reasonable breadth of sports coverage, albeit tilted towards WA too much for SEN 1116 audiences. Likes to portray himself as laid-back and unflappable, but I've always thought he is easily triggered/baited, and is ultra-defensive about ratings numbers and audience numbers etc.

I think he's been married about three times :oops:

The sausage must be good ……..

images

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back