1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone ever listened to a full hour of SEN with a stopwatch and calculated the ads to content ratio? It would be an interesting exercise. If you include time spent by presenters spruiking products mid conversation, it would not be far off 40% of total airtime on advertising I reckon.

Has anyone ever listened to a full hour of SEN with a stopwatch and calculated the ads to content ratio? It would be an interesting exercise. If you include time spent by presenters spruiking products mid conversation, it would not be far off 40% of total airtime on advertising I reckon.
Screenshot_20230522_133712.jpg i go by the full show podcast episode which cuts out ads. 3 hrs down to under 2 hrs. Each day/show is a bit different. This is Spotify

Yes, I have a few times; well, I've recorded shows on my DVR, then worked it out off that. Believe it or not, most SEN shows have slightly more content than 3aw. Sen usually has 3 long ad-breaks per hour of just over 5 mins each, where 3aw has 4 shorter breaks, so it can seem like SEN has more ads.
However, some SEN shows, such as Off The Bench, have several sponsored segments, so the waters get muddied

Last edited:
Yes, I have a few times; well, I've recorded shows on my DVR, then worked it out off that. Believe it or not, most SEN shows have slightly more content than 3aw. Sen usually has 3 long ad-breaks an hour (just over 5 mins), where 3aw has 4 shorter breaks, so it can seem like SEN has more ads.
However, some SEN shows, such as Off The Bench, have several sponsored segments, so the waters get muddied
Good post , i listen to AW when there is absolute crap on SEN and the adds are worse
Where is Anna

Yes, I have a few times; well, I've recorded shows on my DVR, then worked it out off that. Believe it or not, most SEN shows have slightly more content than 3aw. Sen usually has 3 long ad-breaks pet hour of just over 5 mins each, where 3aw has 4 shorter breaks, so it can seem like SEN has more ads.
How many of these advertisements were related to gambling?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went back to listen to the podcast of Sportsday when they broke the news about Hardwick.

"We're going now to Tom Morris who has a huge bombshell story breaking in the AFL. Tom.....Are you there Tom?....Tom?"

Only took about 15 seconds before they got him on, but it was classic SEN for the biggest scoop of the year.

Went back to listen to the podcast of Sportsday when they broke the news about Hardwick.

"We're going now to Tom Morris who has a huge bombshell story breaking in the AFL. Tom.....Are you there Tom?....Tom?"

Only took about 15 seconds before they got him on, but it was classic SEN for the biggest scoop of the year.
But after that till 10pm was very good

If the reported wages

Whateley 700
Garry and Tim 250 each

And then the rest, no wonder they are going down the gambling dollars and advertising path.
Gary and Tim get 250k per year for three shows a week? They do 9 hours a week 6-9 an hour of ads and other stuff per day, so they probably do 2 hours a day. Now they have 3 months off a year, right? 27k per month a tick under, remembering they're only really working 2 hours a day for 3 days, working 24 hours a month at $1125 an hour, if my maths is correct.

Gary and Tim get 250k per year for three shows a week? They do 9 hours a week 6-9 an hour of ads and other stuff per day, so they probably do 2 hours a day. Now they have 3 months off a year, right? 27k per month a tick under, remembering they're only really working 2 hours a day for 3 days, working 24 hours a month at $1125 an hour, if my maths is correct.
**** surely not.

You think Gary and Tim are getting out of bed at 4.30am for 100k a year?

Remove this Banner Ad

1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back