1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

That ****ing erectile dysfunction ad is shitting me to tears - Woody in the morning Woody in the evening Woody at supper time

Anybody appearing on that crap station loses all credibility

Erectile dysfunction now makes me think of Gerard Whately - he is the Pele of sports identity endorsements

I hate this with a passion. Doesn’t he realise he’s not cool?

Nothing worse than a genuine nerd trying to be one of the cool kids. Or a nerd trying to be a bogan or an ocker (referring to callers as shags, knackers, Azza, Dazza etc).

Just own the nerdishness, Mike Sheahan did it.

Has any host asked callers whether they’d like to bring back state of origin?

actually tom elliott came up with an idea that when the AFL have 20 teams, everyone plays each other once and a SOO match or two is played during the season. Its not a bad idea.

Last edited:
Did I hear right on the 8.30 news update this morning?
Newsreader : "Brisbane's Oscar McInerney makes club history when he plays his 140th game this round", with no elaboration whatsoever. Errr....what?

Did I hear right on the 8.30 news update this morning?
Newsreader : "Brisbane's Oscar McInerney makes club history when he plays his 140th game this round", with no elaboration whatsoever. Errr....what?

I heard that too and immediately thought the work experience kid is writing the news copy today.

Completely random & irrelevant news item.

There was something else I heard during the breakfast show this morning that made me cringe.

Cornes & King were answering talkback calls and King spoke about something he had taken a 'deep dive' into but he didn't want to talk about it there and then because he will unveil all this info Sunday night on his Fox Footy program "First Crack". He then encouraged the listeners to tune in and watch it on Sunday night.

For as long as I've kept a close eye on radio whilst garnering professional knowledge from numerous expereinced observers, David King has committed the radio equivalent to treason which is normally a punsishable offence (suspended from on-air etc). You can't get paid by one media outlet and use that platform to drive traffic towards your other employer's product, it's very poor form.

On the subject of SEN Breakfast, it also dawned on me (yes, this was a slow one) that this is their M-F line-up :

Monday - Cornes & Buckley ("Kane & Bucks")
Tuesday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Wednesday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Thursday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Friday - Cornes & King ("Friday Fireball")

Three different shows with three different names in the same timeslot with three different hosting teams .......... WTF ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

10.30 news update : "Tom Arnold is relishing playing in Melbourne's backline".

I suppose being married to Roseanne Barr will prepare a bloke for anything.
I've said before that Hutchy is cutting costs by running all of the news out of Brisbane. This is why they make mistakes about the AFL

There was something else I heard during the breakfast show this morning that made me cringe.

Cornes & King were answering talkback calls and King spoke about something he had taken a 'deep dive' into but he didn't want to talk about it there and then because he will unveil all this info Sunday night on his Fox Footy program "First Crack". He then encouraged the listeners to tune in and watch it on Sunday night.

For as long as I've kept a close eye on radio whilst garnering professional knowledge from numerous expereinced observers, David King has committed the radio equivalent to treason which is normally a punsishable offence (suspended from on-air etc). You can't get paid by one media outlet and use that platform to drive traffic towards your other employer's product, it's very poor form.

On the subject of SEN Breakfast, it also dawned on me (yes, this was a slow one) that this is their M-F line-up :

Monday - Cornes & Buckley ("Kane & Bucks")
Tuesday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Wednesday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Thursday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Friday - Cornes & King ("Friday Fireball")

Three different shows with three different names in the same timeslot with three different hosting teams .......... WTF ??

The barge arse should rip his contract up.

Deep-dive into Euro 2024 on SEN right now. Pommy bloke throwing up names that punters on SEN have never heard of before. Radios being switched off all over Melbourne.....

The english person was great. So detailed and articulate. Really painted a picture of what's going on, especially with different countries/cultures playing the same sport but in different ways.

I've said before that Hutchy is cutting costs by running all of the news out of Brisbane. This is why they make mistakes about the AFL

I swear i heard them say min woo lee and minjee lee are playing in the paraolympics for australia

The prevalence of the term "ball" to describe a kick has really come to the fore. What was a good kick is now a good ball. And it seems to be causing outrage. Player kicks the ball, its a good kick.

In cricket, we have used "ball" to describe the delivery itself. The action of the bowler is a "bowl". Should we therefore praise a wicket taking delivery as a good bowl?

That ****ing erectile dysfunction ad is shitting me to tears - Woody in the morning Woody in the evening Woody at supper time

Anybody appearing on that crap station loses all credibility

Erectile dysfunction now makes me think of Gerard Whately - he is the Pele of sports identity endorsements
Yes, I rang the nice young lady at A a M I and she keep talking about insurance options. I explained I was looking for woody, she promptly told me she was ringing the police and hung up.

The prevalence of the term "ball" to describe a kick has really come to the fore. What was a good kick is now a good ball. And it seems to be causing outrage. Player kicks the ball, its a good kick.

In cricket, we have used "ball" to describe the delivery itself. The action of the bowler is a "bowl". Should we therefore praise a wicket taking delivery as a good bowl?

This was introduced by Brayshaw and Taylor has jumped on the bandwagon with it as well.

Added to that, Brayshaw is responsible for "good wheels" & "brings the heat" which are also commonplace.

Sack the pair of them !!

Correct JB the flog started it and now we have sheep , IT IS A F ING KICK

Whilst doing some paperwork on the computer last night, listened to AFL Nation after the Cats V Bombres game.

The young guy hosting was not too bad without being a world-beater, he did have to deal with two very silly women during the talkback though.

The first woman was from Perth, she wanted the kneeing in the back outlawed following the Petracca injuries. The second woman, a 70-yo Melbourne supporter agreed with her even though she thought it was Two Metre Peter and not Darcy Moore.

I hit the sack and put on the digital radio, it was a repeat of the Hutch-less "Off The Bench". So, because they are running promos ad-nauseum asking you to change over, I decided to flick over to SEN Track, what a fatal mistake that was.

They were repeating the live races from earlier in the day with that Taggart clown & some other unknown bozo blubbering their way through it with their "tips". Clearly they are sitting in front of a TV whilst making their incoherent & nonsensical comments barracking & cheering their tips home. The only upside is that they put me to sleep pretty quickly.

Waking up, I put the radio back on and found out the program was called "House Of Aths" hosted by two chaps I have never heard of, one of them was doing the whole show via phone too.

Their guest for the complete hour was a pleasant young woman (I think she was a hurdler) who used the word 'like' 3-4 times in every sentence which became extremely irritating the longer it went on.

Going where angels fear to tread a second time, I went back to SEN Track and was gobsmacked to hear the same sort of crap I did earlier in the night. Giving a replay of the tips for the next event at Morphetville & Darwin at 7:40am was mind-numbing and that is being generous.

Even though I had no idea who any of the three genetic rejects were, I nearly rolled out of bed when one of them insisted on telling whoever was listening that "name of horse runs on top of the ground". WTF does that mean ?? Do they have underground races as well nowadays ??

This was more braindead radio and of the highest order too ................... the question I want answered is ..........do people ....... make that anyone ... actually listen to that sh1t ??

It was so bad that it made me mull over a theory on how they could make SEN Track marginally more listenable in the hours outside of the actual races and in turn, potentially appeal to an alternative audience segment but I highly doubt they will ever consider such an improvement.

Back to SEN Melb and the final stages of the 'athletics show' (I think the term is used quite sparingly there too) followed by the news at 8:00am.

When that concluded, we were treated to another huge surprise which showed the inhouse technical prowess coupled with their imaginative programming ideas.

We had around 7-8 mins of complete dead-air, nothing at all from a professional commercial station ...... unforgivable !!

And then when the broadcast resumed, it was some U.S. sports thing that sounded pre-recorded.

It was enough to make me get up and go shower !!

This is not the first time I have been completely underwhelmed with what I have heard on SEN and I'm sure it won't be the last because clearly, they just don't care.

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record with all my constant whinges & poo-pooing of the station so I apologise if I do but listening to SEN is extremely frustrating when it really shouldn't be.

On a positive note, started streaming the station whilst I typed this and it is another gambling/betting show ("Betfair Edge"). The two young chaps had a quick chat about the commentary in a Gaelic football match from Ireland. They also played a segment of the commentary which was quite funny and a pleasant change from the usual shite you get.

The point here is, that little snippet was such a refreshing change and it proves there is a stack of other quality stuff out there if they want to do a little spadework to find it.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back