1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Whilst doing some paperwork on the computer last night, listened to AFL Nation after the Cats V Bombres game.

The young guy hosting was not too bad without being a world-beater, he did have to deal with two very silly women during the talkback though.

The first woman was from Perth, she wanted the kneeing in the back outlawed following the Petracca injuries. The second woman, a 70-yo Melbourne supporter agreed with her even though she thought it was Two Metre Peter and not Darcy Moore.

I hit the sack and put on the digital radio, it was a repeat of the Hutch-less "Off The Bench". So, because they are running promos ad-nauseum asking you to change over, I decided to flick over to SEN Track, what a fatal mistake that was.

They were repeating the live races from earlier in the day with that Taggart clown & some other unknown bozo blubbering their way through it with their "tips". Clearly they are sitting in front of a TV whilst making their incoherent & nonsensical comments barracking & cheering their tips home. The only upside is that they put me to sleep pretty quickly.

Waking up, I put the radio back on and found out the program was called "House Of Aths" hosted by two chaps I have never heard of, one of them was doing the whole show via phone too.

Their guest for the complete hour was a pleasant young woman (I think she was a hurdler) who used the word 'like' 3-4 times in every sentence which became extremely irritating the longer it went on.

Going where angels fear to tread a second time, I went back to SEN Track and was gobsmacked to hear the same sort of crap I did earlier in the night. Giving a replay of the tips for the next event at Morphetville & Darwin at 7:40am was mind-numbing and that is being generous.

Even though I had no idea who any of the three genetic rejects were, I nearly rolled out of bed when one of them insisted on telling whoever was listening that "name of horse runs on top of the ground". WTF does that mean ?? Do they have underground races as well nowadays ??

This was more braindead radio and of the highest order too ................... the question I want answered is ..........do people ....... make that anyone ... actually listen to that sh1t ??

It was so bad that it made me mull over a theory on how they could make SEN Track marginally more listenable in the hours outside of the actual races and in turn, potentially appeal to an alternative audience segment but I highly doubt they will ever consider such an improvement.

Back to SEN Melb and the final stages of the 'athletics show' (I think the term is used quite sparingly there too) followed by the news at 8:00am.

When that concluded, we were treated to another huge surprise which showed the inhouse technical prowess coupled with their imaginative programming ideas.

We had around 7-8 mins of complete dead-air, nothing at all from a professional commercial station ...... unforgivable !!

And then when the broadcast resumed, it was some U.S. sports thing that sounded pre-recorded.

It was enough to make me get up and go shower !!

This is not the first time I have been completely underwhelmed with what I have heard on SEN and I'm sure it won't be the last because clearly, they just don't care.

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record with all my constant whinges & poo-pooing of the station so I apologise if I do but listening to SEN is extremely frustrating when it really shouldn't be.

On a positive note, started streaming the station whilst I typed this and it is another gambling/betting show ("Betfair Edge"). The two young chaps had a quick chat about the commentary in a Gaelic football match from Ireland. They also played a segment of the commentary which was quite funny and a pleasant change from the usual shite you get.

The point here is, that little snippet was such a refreshing change and it proves there is a stack of other quality stuff out there if they want to do a little spadework to find it.
I’ve said from the get go SEN Track seems to be a mere money maker for Hutchy and nothing more, calling it the laziest form of radio is being too nice

Hard to argue with your last point, I know with Melb being heavily AFL dominant it gets tiresome hearing the same thing over analysed to death.

The amount of 'dead air' via the app/online happens at least once a month (perhaps more).

I used to text in saying 'Oh, hi not sure if you know, you're currently off the air via digital'.

Not that I ever expected a response but after some time when nobody seemed to read my text and then switch things back on, I just gave up and don't bother anymore.

Whilst doing some paperwork on the computer last night, listened to AFL Nation after the Cats V Bombres game.

The young guy hosting was not too bad without being a world-beater, he did have to deal with two very silly women during the talkback though.

The first woman was from Perth, she wanted the kneeing in the back outlawed following the Petracca injuries. The second woman, a 70-yo Melbourne supporter agreed with her even though she thought it was Two Metre Peter and not Darcy Moore.

I hit the sack and put on the digital radio, it was a repeat of the Hutch-less "Off The Bench". So, because they are running promos ad-nauseum asking you to change over, I decided to flick over to SEN Track, what a fatal mistake that was.

They were repeating the live races from earlier in the day with that Taggart clown & some other unknown bozo blubbering their way through it with their "tips". Clearly they are sitting in front of a TV whilst making their incoherent & nonsensical comments barracking & cheering their tips home. The only upside is that they put me to sleep pretty quickly.

Waking up, I put the radio back on and found out the program was called "House Of Aths" hosted by two chaps I have never heard of, one of them was doing the whole show via phone too.

Their guest for the complete hour was a pleasant young woman (I think she was a hurdler) who used the word 'like' 3-4 times in every sentence which became extremely irritating the longer it went on.

Going where angels fear to tread a second time, I went back to SEN Track and was gobsmacked to hear the same sort of crap I did earlier in the night. Giving a replay of the tips for the next event at Morphetville & Darwin at 7:40am was mind-numbing and that is being generous.

Even though I had no idea who any of the three genetic rejects were, I nearly rolled out of bed when one of them insisted on telling whoever was listening that "name of horse runs on top of the ground". WTF does that mean ?? Do they have underground races as well nowadays ??

This was more braindead radio and of the highest order too ................... the question I want answered is ..........do people ....... make that anyone ... actually listen to that sh1t ??

It was so bad that it made me mull over a theory on how they could make SEN Track marginally more listenable in the hours outside of the actual races and in turn, potentially appeal to an alternative audience segment but I highly doubt they will ever consider such an improvement.

Back to SEN Melb and the final stages of the 'athletics show' (I think the term is used quite sparingly there too) followed by the news at 8:00am.

When that concluded, we were treated to another huge surprise which showed the inhouse technical prowess coupled with their imaginative programming ideas.

We had around 7-8 mins of complete dead-air, nothing at all from a professional commercial station ...... unforgivable !!

And then when the broadcast resumed, it was some U.S. sports thing that sounded pre-recorded.

It was enough to make me get up and go shower !!

This is not the first time I have been completely underwhelmed with what I have heard on SEN and I'm sure it won't be the last because clearly, they just don't care.

I'm probably starting to sound like a broken record with all my constant whinges & poo-pooing of the station so I apologise if I do but listening to SEN is extremely frustrating when it really shouldn't be.

On a positive note, started streaming the station whilst I typed this and it is another gambling/betting show ("Betfair Edge"). The two young chaps had a quick chat about the commentary in a Gaelic football match from Ireland. They also played a segment of the commentary which was quite funny and a pleasant change from the usual shite you get.

The point here is, that little snippet was such a refreshing change and it proves there is a stack of other quality stuff out there if they want to do a little spadework to find it.
congrats on posting your latest diary entry. we listen to the radio, too.

Paris 2024 Olympics starting in less than four weeks.

Trying to cast my mind back to the Tokyo Games - weren't SEN broadcasting quite a few events carrying the audio from Ch.7?

I haven't heard anything this time around? Timezone for the main finals isn't as friendly, but evenings/overnights would instantly improve for a couple of weeks.

Paris 2024 Olympics starting in less than four weeks.

Trying to cast my mind back to the Tokyo Games - weren't SEN broadcasting quite a few events carrying the audio from Ch.7?

I haven't heard anything this time around? Timezone for the main finals isn't as friendly, but evenings/overnights would instantly improve for a couple of weeks.
I think Poindexter is leaving this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the subject of SEN Breakfast, it also dawned on me (yes, this was a slow one) that this is their M-F line-up :

Monday - Cornes & Buckley ("Kane & Bucks")
Tuesday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Wednesday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Thursday - Lyon & Watson ("Breakfast With Gary & Tim")
Friday - Cornes & King ("Friday Fireball")

Three different shows with three different names in the same timeslot with three different hosting teams .......... WTF ??

I didn't think it would work but I like it. Monday and Friday's are much more hard hitting and bassically 100% AFL focussed. Two best shows on SEN of the week.

Tuesday to Thursday are a bit more relaxed, still 90%AFL but slower paced.

None of the shows would work five days a week.

I didn't think it would work but I like it. Monday and Friday's are much more hard hitting and bassically 100% AFL focussed. Two best shows on SEN of the week.

Tuesday to Thursday are a bit more relaxed, still 90%AFL but slower paced.

None of the shows would work five days a week.

I beg to differ.

Having the one program name with the one presenting team five days a week definitely can work BUT, and this is the kicker, it will require a fair bit of serious hard work behind the scenes from a good producer with assistance from a couple of researchers to maintain the standard

Getting the foundation right in the first place is crucial, if they don't review & revamp the structure of the show then it has no chance of succeeding.

If they address those two elements & have a short daily production meeting straight after the show (who knows, they may already have one), then things should run smoothly and the end product for the listener will be way more consistent every day & week.

They also have to take into account what flavour they want the show to have (hard, soft, funny, straight etc). As you have outlined, there are two different styles in place already (and that changes again when they rotate other fill-in presenters in) that needs to be smoothed out IMO to proivide consistency, it's the only way to build a bigger loyal audience.

I beg to differ.

Having the one program name with the one presenting team five days a week definitely can work BUT, and this is the kicker, it will require a fair bit of serious hard work behind the scenes from a good
You wouldn't get anyone with multiple media roles for obvious reasons. but anyone who wouldn't have other roles is likely to be a Sam Edmund-type, a difficult sell to advertisers. Did anyone hear Gossage last night, they had a Weagles fan in the box who gave various opinions - late on DURING the game. Very odd

You wouldn't get anyone with multiple media roles for obvious reasons. but anyone who wouldn't have other roles is likely to be a Sam Edmund-type, a difficult sell to advertisers. Did anyone hear Gossage last night, they had a Weagles fan in the box who gave various opinions - late on DURING the game. Very odd

Getting in people with multiple media roles is a big part of the problem IMO.

I firmly believe SEN's individual brand & listener reach would be better served by bringing in some new presenters who are way more exclusive to the station than what they have now.

Rehashing the same gaggle of heads with the same lazy stories from the night before on TV isn't doing anyone any favours.

What's the main attraction to SEN if you can regularly see & hear those people elsewhere across the radio & TV landsape ??

Does anyone know why SEN in Perth sounds like it's broadcast via a potato? Goosage makes it hard to tune in at the best of times, but the sound quality is so shit you'd think it's still May 1897.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back