Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

They talk mostly footy from 7-9 and sprinkle it in before 7. What are you talking about?

I see the morning show as one that encompasses sport, not just one very specific sport. It's not called or titled as an AFL show. Id like to think of it as an aussie espn style show like Get Up! on USA ESPN. Or maybe I am aiming too high for our media/

If your KIA explodes into a ball of flames, pop into Werribee KIA, say hello to Gian and Ayid, and tell them that Dwayne sent you.
Not only do they sell you a car , they are just like family . You can head down every other week and test drive the new Kia Cerato just like Dwayne does

I don't think it's unusual when the shit part about Nascars is the fact that they race on ovals lol.

Motorsport is the one sport in the world that gets worse the more professional and streamlined it gets, just look at F1. Those things they do to 'spruce' it up is to appease people like yourself really.
Except it doesn't appease me. Sorry, bro. You're talking to the wrong person. I'm someone who remembers F1 before it was mucked around with mandatory pitstops and prolific and unnecessary use of the safety car. If it were put to me, the safety car wouldn't be used in F1 and there'd be not mandatory pitstops. If the races were processional, then so be it. The car racing version of test cricket.
I always find myself coming back to grass roots level motorsport like speedway etc, and Supercars is the closest professional code to giving me that feeling. It's uncoventional, bumper to bumper racing to get the basic petrol head juices flowing. It ain't that deep. I actually think your statement is quite the opposite, those who like car racing (and don't take themselves too seriously) come back to it.
Did I not say supercars was car racing for people who didn't really like car racing? It's casual fandom. "I like the noise it makes and how scary the cars look, but I don't accept the parts I don't like."

No, it's contrived, but the engineering therein is pretty world-class....
It's the highest level of tractor racing in the world.

I see the BTCC every now and then and it's woefully slow and amateur by comparison -
The point of the person in your username and avatar is to make slow cars faster. Touring car racing also bridging between professional and amateur racing. So it's not a problem.

absolutely not the answer here.
Yes, it is, and those types of cars have always been the answer. It's the point of touring car racing.If it's good enough for the UK, it's good enough for every country in the world. But the pretentiousness of professional racing here means we're locked into the lame 5 litre V8 crap.

Supercars is the product of motor racing being small time in Australia.

Did I not say supercars was car racing for people who didn't really like car racing? It's casual fandom. "I like the noise it makes and how scary the cars look, but I don't accept the parts I don't like."
No, despite it's shortcomings it's still the most raw professional racing code there is. Therefore real motorsport fans come back to it because it's actually enjoyable to participate in and watch compared to overly purified codes.

You call that casual fandom, I call it real car racing.

It's the highest level of tractor racing in the world.

Yes, it is, and those types of cars have always been the answer. It's the point of touring car racing.If it's good enough for the UK, it's good enough for every country in the world.
Supercars is the product of motor racing being small time in Australia.
The BTCC is not the pinnacle of racing there - V8 Supercars is the be- all- and -end- all here. Go back to near- series production cars and the cottage industry around the Gen 3 cars either dies or is channeled into a new elite category....the latter proposition is fanciful. Using near- standard production cars invariably involves manufacturer support - trouble there is, as history has told, it's here today , gone tomorrow, usually leading to turmoil within the sport. Gen 3/ V8 Supercars barricades themselves against this.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why on earth is there a "cover" version of the Screen-A-Way blinds commercial??
Do they think it will be less repetitive.
Do they think it'll be less annoying.
GET F#####!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back