Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

There’s no clear consensus.

But the general mood is he’s potentially a very good player that we haven’t yet seen a lot of due to injury.

The primary consensus - it’s a tough midfield to break into & West Coast will be waving the chequebook.
Unfortunately there's some who don't care about or pay attention to injuries and their frequency, when evaluating player talent, effort or whether the pick was a failure by the club.

Instead of just being frustrated at what might have been, there's got to be someone at fault.

Why not? It’s the role we most obviously need to fill for a few weeks and he’s played there before.
He debuted there, sure - but he has neither played, nor likely trained in the forward role since.

I’m very, very keen to see Gus selected. But small forward is square peg, round hole.

I’m no great wrap on Wicks - but I think he’d be the better option for the Papley replacement.

Bring Gus in when there’s an opportunity to play to his (considerable) strengths. And that is in the guts.

He debuted there, sure - but he has neither played, nor likely trained in the forward role since.

I’m very, very keen to see Gus selected. But small forward is square peg, round hole.

I’m no great wrap on Wicks - but I think he’d be the better option for the Papley replacement.

Bring Gus in when there’s an opportunity to play to his (considerable) strengths. And that is in the guts.
Just watch them debut Hanily instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheldrick will be the perfect in to replace Paps. If he stays fit get these last 5 games into him to prep him for finals. He also would go better pinch hitting in the midfield for the odd bounce.
Don't underestimate the hard going the players went through in the last match. Not just men down through injuries but it was very humid, and they were spent in that last quarter. I'd play Sheldrick for extra run & pressure and rest anyone still sore (i.e. Hayward). Corey plays a full game as well. Got to try and get our list as healthy as possible leading up to finals. Two wins may get us top 2, 3 wins and it guarantees us top. I wouldn't be taking any undue risks this week.

It’s just so noticeable when everyone else fumbles and he rolls through with one touch possessions consistently.. surprised that Cleary is getting another run before Gus

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back