Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

After today, “it’s now or never”
I think he'd be ideal for the role he'd very likely end up in if he were to be in the seniors - sort of rotating in between forward and midfield.

I don't love his work in the contest. I think it's very messy and his clearances and hard ball wins are mostly ineffective for an inside mid.

In general play I like him. I think he moves well and sets up plays nicely.

If he were to play in the senior side and we can avoid him being in too many contested scenarios, then I think he'd be a net positive on a few of the guys we've tried in that role this year.

I think he'd be ideal for the role he'd very likely end up in if he were to be in the seniors - sort of rotating in between forward and midfield.

I don't love his work in the contest. I think it's very messy and his clearances and hard ball wins are mostly ineffective for an inside mid.

In general play I like him. I think he moves well and sets up plays nicely.

If he were to play in the senior side and we can avoid him being in too many contested scenarios, then I think he'd be a net positive on a few of the guys we've tried in that role this year.
How can you be in the senior side and avoid being in too many contested scenarios? and then be a net positive?
Inside is contested.
Unsure of the role you have him specified for as an inside mid.

How can you be in the senior side and avoid being in too many contested scenarios? and then be a net positive?
Inside is contested.
Unsure of the role you have him specified for as an inside mid.
I guess my point is I'm not convinced that I'd want him on the inside. He looks better on the outside to me.

Looking like trade bate ATM.

Darcy Cameron Mk2 situation.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just so annoying to not watch him out there at all this year considering most thought he would start at some point but continually spent 5 strong weeks in the twos before proceeding to get injured

🎶 It’s now or never 🎶

Could be the answer to first quarters - as he gets his hands on the ball a lot. What’s the harm in giving him a go ?
With all due respect Elvis, how is it now or never?

We'll have all of our midfield stocks available (presumably Chad Warner is right to play?) so anyone coming in will need to be able to play forward as well - as Cleary did last week, as Campbell did last week, as Adams and Parker have shown they can.

I like Sheldrick but I don't think Horse is as sold on him in that forward/midfield role as he is on others.

We'll have all of our midfield stocks available (presumably Chad Warner is right to play?) so anyone coming in will need to be able to play forward as well - as Cleary did last week, as Campbell did last week, as Adams and Parker have shown they can.

I like Sheldrick but I don't think Horse is as sold on him in that forward/midfield role as he is on others.
Agree with this because a simple change could happen if they want Chad Warner to have more uncontested possessions next season and move him up forward and that would imo open up a pure midfield role and reckon Gus could replace say Adams. I think it definitely not over for Gus just disappointing to see him miss out

How about the role where a player wins the ball in the middle of the ground in the first quarter.

The role where we have been getting absolutely slaughtered nearly all year.

How about the role where a player wins the ball in the middle of the ground in the first quarter.

The role where we have been getting absolutely slaughtered nearly all year.
First quarters have been a team-wide issue all year. One player in one role isn't going to make a difference.

And if it does then everyone else should be delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back