Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, perhaps it wasn't clear... I'm fully expecting the McInerney, Papley and Chad will come back into the team and be a part of the midfield as they have been all year. I am not expecting Gus to come in this year...

As much as possible I'm expecting Horse to stick with the team that got to 13-1, 3.5 games clear with 150%. I expect him to draw the sub and any injury changes from players that have already played roles this year...

I like Gus and if he ever has an injury free season, he might turn into a fine AFL player... but for me, that time is not now.

All good, that's all I was clarifying. Thought you were saying this midfield mix was the lock.

If Adams squeezes people out of the team that will be the coaches' doing, not his. If they painted themselves into that corner let's make sure we apportion blame where it belongs.

Never said he’s to blame. Doesn’t mean he won’t be known for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus’ name came up on SEN today on the trade segment, and while I’m hesitant to post info from Sam Edmund:

View attachment 2113961
Cheers for sharing, but I wouldn't stress, it's hardly "info" from Sam Edmund anyway.

"Would have options if he explored a trade" ... Yes we know, Sam. Promising youngster who can't get opportunities at the top placed side.

"But will remain at Sydney" ... Yes, again, we know that Sam. He is contracted to next year, ya bloody goose.

Cheers for sharing, but I wouldn't stress, it's hardly "info" from Sam Edmund anyway.

"Would have options if he explored a trade" ... Yes we know, Sam. Promising youngster who can't get opportunities at the top placed side.

"But will remain at Sydney" ... Yes, again, we know that Sam. He is contracted to next year, ya bloody goose.
In fairness, being contracted doesn't mean a lot these days.

Contracted players ask for trades all the time & their wishes are almost always granted.

In fairness, being contracted doesn't mean a lot these days.

Contracted players ask for trades all the time & their wishes are almost always granted.
Yeah, so what Edmund is saying is that Sheldrick will stay at the Swans unless he explores a trade from the Swans, but Edmund isn't saying that Sheldrick will explore a trade from the Swans, so he's really just saying nothing.

Here’s what was said in full (context: Edmund was following up on a text someone had sent in yesterday)

“He’s been a stand-out in the VFL since he got there, so the phone has rung a lot for him.

“He would have options IF he explored a trade. He played two games in 2022, seven games last year, but didn’t get a look in this year and he had a nasty ankle injury and concussion.

“But he too is committed to staying for at least the final year of his contract next year. (referring to Leek Aleer committing to GWS next year.)

“We can put a line through him for now.”

Here’s what was said in full (context: Edmund was following up on a text someone had sent in yesterday)

“He’s been a stand-out in the VFL since he got there, so the phone has rung a lot for him.

“He would have options IF he explored a trade. He played two games in 2022, seven games last year, but didn’t get a look in this year and he had a nasty ankle injury and concussion.

“But he too is committed to staying for at least the final year of his contract next year. (referring to Leek Aleer committing to GWS next year.)

“We can put a line through him for now.”
Anyone on this site could have said the same. Has been given no 12 Jumper so we rate him I reckon. Injury and fitness issues need to come good soon however.

It's almost as definitive as Edmund's take on Stringer;
“As we sit here now, there’s a chance it could be Sydney. In fact, I’d have them as the most likely.
“There’s plenty to work through here. I’m not saying he’s definitely going to Sydney,...."

Take a guess.
If you're wrong likelihood is no one will remember and if they do he's covered himself with so many caveats he can't be wrong.
And if he extraordinarily turns out to be right he'll claim it and make sure the pats on the back for his 'inside word' come thick and fast.

It's almost as definitive as Edmund's take on Stringer;
“As we sit here now, there’s a chance it could be Sydney. In fact, I’d have them as the most likely.
“There’s plenty to work through here. I’m not saying he’s definitely going to Sydney,...."

Take a guess.
If you're wrong likelihood is no one will remember and if they do he's covered himself with so many caveats he can't be wrong.
And if he extraordinarily turns out to be right he'll claim it and make sure the pats on the back for his 'inside word' come thick and fast.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

A lot of these footy "journos" are proof that you really can talk a lot without saying anything. They remind me of the hilarious character Karen from Veep. Brought in as a political advisor but she has literally nothing of value to say every time she opens her mouth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12 Angus Sheldrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back