Player Watch #12: David Astbury - Has decided to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Richmond are missing a great opportunity to get a really good deal over the line with brisbane whilst at the same time sticking it up Collingwood.

Whilst Aish refuses to go to North, I really believe that He would consider Richmond if we were to push this deal through

#12 + #31 + Astbury For Aish + #17 + #41
Richmond out : #12 , #31 , Astbury
Richmond in : Yarran , Aish , #41

Could it be that we are waiting for the dust to settle on cfc other deals, as their position could well soften ? I keep having to remind myself that if they try to force Yarren to play out his contract they risk getting zero for him next season......

I think Richmond are missing a great opportunity to get a really good deal over the line with brisbane whilst at the same time sticking it up Collingwood.

Whilst Aish refuses to go to North, I really believe that He would consider Richmond if we were to push this deal through

#12 + #31 + Astbury For Aish + #17 + #41
Richmond out : #12 , #31 , Astbury
Richmond in : Yarran , Aish , #41

stupid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone think he may have failed a medical?
leppitch beat him by 20 metres in a time trial over 400 metres, marcus ashcroft came in second jonathon brown came 3rd astbury was a distant 4th dead heating with the merrit brothers roger and daniel :D

naaarh, glad he looks like staying

On The Age:

Here's an interesting tidbit from Brisbane on why they suddenly about-faced on interest in Richmond halfback David Astbury.

"We were in discussions and Justin knows him well," List Manager Peter Schwab told SEN.

"We've also got the other factor of making sure we've got enough points in the system for our Academy boys", Schwab said.

"We've got two very good players this year that we think will get bid on reasonably high, so we wanted to make sure we had enough in the tank and the Aishy deal hasn't quite gone anywhere so there weren't enough there.

"In the end we made a call as a football club to hold fire, after a number of the deals we did (yesterday) and just wait and see."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-day-seven-20151019-gkd66l.html#ixzz3p5A15tBc
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook

On The Age:

Here's an interesting tidbit from Brisbane on why they suddenly about-faced on interest in Richmond halfback David Astbury.

"We were in discussions and Justin knows him well," List Manager Peter Schwab told SEN.

"We've also got the other factor of making sure we've got enough points in the system for our Academy boys", Schwab said.

"We've got two very good players this year that we think will get bid on reasonably high, so we wanted to make sure we had enough in the tank and the Aishy deal hasn't quite gone anywhere so there weren't enough there.

"In the end we made a call as a football club to hold fire, after a number of the deals we did (yesterday) and just wait and see."

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...-day-seven-20151019-gkd66l.html#ixzz3p5A15tBc
Follow us: @theage on Twitter | theageAustralia on Facebook
So they way I read it is, if they get enough points from trading Aish to trade for Astbury and still cover their points required for their academy kids then it may be back on.

If, as expected, Astbury stays with us I will be very happy. His performances in 2014 proved to me that he can make it in our best 22 and be a great contributor. Besides, I have to put great faith in to the man who received the famous #12 from Richo. I hope Astbury and Rance terrorise opposition forward lines for the next 5 years plus.

Well if the Aish deal goes through they will only have #26 & # 47 (collingwoods picks) and #41.#42 as they will need to give up #17 for bastinac with #34 or #40 coming back. unless they use next years picks which they wont do imo

#26 would be the only deal i would take , The others are pointless

Well if the Aish deal goes through they will only have #26 & # 47 (collingwoods picks) and #41.#42 as they will need to give up #17 for bastinac with #34 or #40 coming back. unless they use next years picks which they wont do imo

#26 would be the only deal i would take , The others are pointless
In all honesty I'd prefer to keep Astbury than get pick 26,
I was originally for trading Astbury in return for pick 17 or 21. Astbury and a swap of late picks somewhere would've been a really good yet realistic trade to then get Yarran.

Pick 26 wouldn't be used on Yarran or even traded out. I'd prefer Astbury, a good player who we know where he's at rather than taking a punt on some kid in a weak draft.

We might get the Lions 2016 2nd rounder for him seeing as we're looking to get back into the 2016 draft 2nd round.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #12: David Astbury - Has decided to retire

Remove this Banner Ad

Back