#12 Dom Tyson - traded to North for Preuss and a 4th

Remove this Banner Ad

Goodnight Sweet Prince

You just never really developed, got a bigger tank or ever got any stronger

2014 is where you will always live in my heart

Puts it in perspective though, 2014 was 5 years ago and in many ways feels like a life time ago.

Next trade period I'm going to go somewhere with no internets, this hurts my heart :(.

Love you Dom. Thanks for making our team less s**t when we were really really s**t.

I hope you tear it up at the Roos.

Hope he gets a full pre season. Don’t agree that he never improved from 2014. Some of his footy in 2014 was A grade. Just never maintained it over a season.

Hope he plays 22 for North. Reckon if they put him in the centre square they’ll get 550 touches and 10+ goals out of him. He’s lost a fair bit of belief these last two years; at the tail end of 2016 he looked outstanding again.

I thought in 2016 he was consistent unlike the back end of 2014 where a lot of our players dropped off. That said, he could never maintain or build off any good games he played. He either stagnated and stayed the same for a season or dropped form. Sure he developed some skills better initially over the years, but as a whole, i can't say he had set the bar higher

Will be missed and I think we got reamed on the deal if I am honest.

I am beginning to have serious concerns about our depth - we've lost 579 AFL games so far this off-season.

That being said, I'll back Goody, Mahoney, Taylor & Toddy. And Peter Jackson - oh, hang on...

I’ll miss Dom but the team outgrew him in his preferred position. Thanks Dom to your contribution to the rebuild.

I don’t want to think about his hair because that is a heart-wrencher. Thank crap Viney has a decent, well-maintained do that is staying put - otherwise this would be a very difficult time.

Will pay for himself in his ability to get things off high shelves
Can’t be understated. I live in a 19th century building with high ceilings. I love Dom Tyson and his hair but would trade him plus pick one and two to change the globe in the downstairs bathroom.

Can Preuss play forward?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Obviously Preuss hasn’t played many games, but he has played a little as the deepest forward. His first game against west coast, and later in 2017 against Hawthorn. He kicked 2 against the hawks and man handled Luke hodge a couple of times. I didn’t see much of the vfl this year but it was surprising he didn’t improve again on his 2017 which saw him dominate in 2 of his 8 AFL games.

Fitness is still a massive issue and maybe we just don’t think he will get there because it is really strange to sign a developing player to a four year deal and then trade him one year later.

But the more I read what you guys have to say about Tyson the more I think it could be a great trade for both clubs. If Tyson can get 25 touches, 5 clearances a game playing as an inside mid, we can get Higgins to the outside and protect him more.

Obviously Preuss hasn’t played many games, but he has played a little as the deepest forward. His first game against west coast, and later in 2017 against Hawthorn. He kicked 2 against the hawks and man handled Luke hodge a couple of times. I didn’t see much of the vfl this year but it was surprising he didn’t improve again on his 2017 which saw him dominate in 2 of his 8 AFL games.

Fitness is still a massive issue and maybe we just don’t think he will get there because it is really strange to sign a developing player to a four year deal and then trade him one year later.

But the more I read what you guys have to say about Tyson the more I think it could be a great trade for both clubs. If Tyson can get 25 touches, 5 clearances a game playing as an inside mid, we can get Higgins to the outside and protect him more.
How many grandkids has Higgins got now? Remarkable that he’s still gettin about!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers.

I agree the trade could be a win-win for the clubs but it’s a strange choice for both players imo. Preuss for example could be the No.1 ruck at a handful of clubs but chose to be understudy to the 2X All Aus ruckman who is in his prime.

Cheers.

I agree the trade could be a win-win for the clubs but it’s a strange choice for both players imo. Preuss for example could be the No.1 ruck at a handful of clubs but chose to be understudy to the 2X All Aus ruckman who is in his prime.

Yes which is why I think they will give him (Preuss) game time they must have talked about it. I mean if you are an AFL level player you WANT to play !

For me, Tyson's possession count has never been in question. It is his poor ball use (maybe just the negative things stick in my mind) that comes with him.

Yes which is why I think they will give him (Preuss) game time they must have talked about it. I mean if you are an AFL level player you WANT to play !

For me, Tyson's possession count has never been in question. It is his poor ball use (maybe just the negative things stick in my mind) that comes with him.

Dom isn’t a great kick but he’s very good in tight at releasing others with his hands. If you play him purely as an inside mid you’ll be stoked.

I remember reading in a footy record that his greatest fear was "The fear of failure"

Unfortunately this year and a couple of years prior he looked like he was playing with that fear

I think when he got picked for the finals he even said something like they he didnt know why they'd picked him

If he gets that confidence back that he was playing with early days he could really become a useful player again, just plonk him at the feet of Goldy and let him do his thing North

Remove this Banner Ad

Back