Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Baguley would like to issue the following statement to clarify reports in the media;

I would like to be extremely clear I was unaware Jed’s father had passed away, nor was it the subject of my comment directed towards Jed.

I was responding to Jed who had made an offensive remark about my physical appearance, something he has done in previous games.

Jed and I resolved the matter after the match and we shook hands.

I’m extremely disappointed with the reporting of this story as it is not a true reflection of the events that took place on the field.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-15/mark-baguley-statement

I reckon we have an over-reaction on our hands.

So Jed, who had been niggling and hitting his direct opponents all game... made a comment about Bagulay's birthmark. Baguley axed him a question and Jed sooked it up.

Sounds about right.

i c wat you diiiiiiidddddddd

So what do Carlton supporters who posted on here earlier think about Lamb’s pathetic remarks?
Making dad jokes are the lowest of the low, unless you make fun of Jobe's dad then that's ok.

Bolton make a **** of himself and threw Baggers under the bus, simple as that.

Hmmm the problem with you trying to be high and mighty here Jade is that isn't my contention at all.

My contention is if the bloke sledging hadn't been wearing the red and black jumper and if Jed was an Essendon player you'd be eagerly arguing the opposite.

But go on write derp derp derp again and tell me your opinion isn't horrendously biased based on club lines. Someone might believe you.

The ****ing nerve to tell me what I think. What MY motivation is.

Not the first time by the way, you do it frequently - "Don't pretend that THIS isn't what you REALLY mean".

How about I tell you what I mean - not the other way round.

"My contention is if the bloke sledging hadn't been wearing the red and black jumper and if Jed was an Essendon player you'd be eagerly arguing the opposite."

Here's my post, in the thread asking whether or not opposition players should be prevented from sledging Essendon players.

Couldn't give a shit what they say, sledge away.

Well there you go - your statement was total bullshit.

You see, I'm often high and mighty when I'm right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd give you a spray for this but i know i'd just get "it's your right to think i'm a campaigner" or something in return so whatever. jesus

Pretty much.

Jeez people in modern society tie themselves in knots trying to apply their own morals to others.

The AFL are at the forefront of this shit too.

You can’t really outlaw words. I wouldn’t say that myself and if I heard a teammate say it I’d prob give him a piece of my mind later.

But that’s life. Some people say bad things and some people are campaigners.

How is this even news. We just came off a weekend where the following occurred-

-winless team got first win
-one of the greatest showdowns of the past decade
-3rd gamer kicks 7 goals in a game his team win a thriller

Instead all ive read about is somone lost their job and someone said something mean to someone else who also said something mean.

I swear people get more pleasure from the bloody drama vs the actual game itself.

Incredibly poor by Bags if this has happened.

If he mentioned a single word about his dad, he obviously knew what he was doingg and knew the circumstances.

No one randomly brings up a sledge about someone’s dad.

Can’t believe some are okay with this, or even the idea of this.

I reckon if a Carlton player said this to one of our boys there’d be a lot of people with opposite opinions.

No one randomly brings up a sledge about someone’s dad.

I was 15 years old when I heard a SEVEN year old tell another SEVEN year old "I ****ed your dad upside down".

And yes it came out of nowhere.

Believe it.

Where is the assumption that he knew about his dad? I highly doubt that this is common knowledge. Why else would he apologise at 3 quarter time?

Nevertheless, that's disgusting behaviour from Baguley. I've always found sledging someone's parents very distasteful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back