Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the same thing with Kommer that his selection was to cover the poor defensive effort of others, but I think in Baguley's case it's probably more a reflection on positional depth, coaches clearly have little faith in the likes of Jerrett, Long, Green and an uber raw Houlahan to provide enough pressure consistently throughout games, I reckon if Begley or even Laverde were healthy that they would probably be selected ahead of him, but alas they aren't. I do wish they would give Longy a game though, even if it was just to run through someone - does that make me a bad person??

He isn’t a natural forward that much is obvious.

If he keeps up the pressure and gets to as many contests as possible he will stay in the team but even at his best for us he is still depth in my eyes with his age and lack of forward nouse easily replaceable if needed.

Pretty indicative of where our list is at with Baguley. When playing well we look a million bucks, when not, we struggle for any sort of game.

Will hand it to Baguley though. Has really turnt around his fortunes since being caught out as a last line defender. Even more impressive has been his ability to force his way into a position we are chock full of extraordinarily talented guys playing a similar role, and doing it well enough to retain his place most weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has real character, gives his all and plays tough unconditional footy. Full respect from me, even though I have written him off previously.

One day someone with more talent will supply the same but until they do he’ll keep getting a game. Has always been very good overhead for size but was clunking them like Stewie Lowe last night!

Sorry, I forgot to mention the part when he pumped his fists after kicking a goal and then bumped into his opponent.

I believe that he may also have copped a head but, delivered with he force of an infant, on the chin as though it was nothing.

What do you think that's worth boncer34, 3-4 more years of mediocrity?

Sorry, I forgot to mention the part when he pumped his fists after kicking a goal and then bumped into his opponent.
Oh. Was the on a highlight reel? Can you link me to it please, havent even seen that yet.

Oh. Was the on a highlight reel? Can you link me to it please, havent even seen that yet.

Ben Ronke kicked 5 today to go with his 7 earlier this year.

Imagine how much more hand cream and how many more boxes of tissues your could be going through.

You don't need to limit yourself the way you have, unless that was the plan all along.

He was a rookie pick

Ben Ronke kicked 5 today to go with his 7 earlier this year.

Imagine how much more hand cream and how many more boxes of tissues your could be going through.

You don't need to limit yourself the way you have, unless that was the plan all along.
I'm confused.

You can or cant link me to a highlight reel?

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired #12: Mark Baguley - Will retire at seasons end - 27/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Back