Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Blake has adding running capacity to his game in recent years.

He now seems to be able to run through the pain.

Which begs the question: How many acres would ache Acres if acres could ache Acres?

At least with Austin this gets done early and not just before the bell rings.
Probably as a result of the good faith from the Cerra trade.

Dodoro would still be posturing next week trying to get back a future 16th round in 2038.

Austin. Just goes and gets things done. If he can nail this draft we are sitting pretty.

Last edited:
I’m rapt to have Acres onboard. Will be a terrific pick up for us and will prove to be an even bigger steal than Hewett last year.

I’m tipping Acres to be an all Australian winger in 2023.

We’ll done Austin.

Welcome to Carlton Blake!

I get the excitement and think this is a terrific pickup for us.

But going to be bloody hard to beat the value of the Hewett deal, which I think was off the charts....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the excitement and think this is a terrific pickup for us.

But going to be bloody hard to beat the value of the Hewett deal, which I think was off the charts....

Look at it that we gain Acres + #49 (Jones compo) for a 2023 3rd (roughly the same pick range). That’s some decent trading.

I can honestly say I wanted us to get him when he left St Kilda for Freo as part of the Brad Hill trade.

We have got a very good track record with moneyball recruits under Austin, and I expect Acres to hopefully replicate the heroics of Hewett and Young last year.

Very happy about this move.

Welcome Blake !!

BTW am I the only one here who kinda hopes Bam Bam will allow him to wear Number 7 ?

DescriptiveAdmiredCanvasback-max-1mb.gif
Avon is about to kill Blake... you bastard!

I had the idea I wonder how many acres* Acres averages in a match thinking it would be some random, silly number.

The answer was so much more interesting than I expected!

* And yes, I know that an acre is an area. Hence I used the perimeter of an acre...

I started off with a square acre, and the perimeter was nowhere near... just about to call you out, and then I thought, I wonder what a standard acre is, it'd have to have an aspect ratio of about 10:1, that'd be stupi...

...anyway, I've learnt a lot about Acres in the last 20 minutes!

What a steal. Very happy, he played some good footy this year and had a very solid finals series. Kicks goals from the wing and seems a two way runner from what I’ve seen. Good overhead as well. If he keeps his 2022 form, I’ll be rapt. An upgrade and more depth with what we have in LOB and Cotters on the wing.

Senior 13. Blake Acres

Remove this Banner Ad

Back