#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty happy with this trade. But I still don't think Yarran is worth 2 second rounders (aka pick 19) but I think I'm the minority view there, as long as we keep pick 12 I'll be happy.

Take Jack Fitzpatrick with it and make Hampson our VFL ruck
I'm told that Fitzpatrick's problem is um... not physical. He apparently has great difficulty um... maintaining focus, and therefore needs to be played every week or else he simply can't keep to the gameplan. I reckon he can play a bit and wouldn't have been against it, but the word is that he is unlikely to make any real progress due to his um.... lack of quotient.

Pretty happy with this trade. But I still don't think Yarran is worth 2 second rounders (aka pick 19) but I think I'm the minority view there, as long as we keep pick 12 I'll be happy.
Serious mate?...2 x speculative kids with no tanks @ 31 versus Yarran?

Points wise im not sure the deal works out for us.

19 = 948

31 = 606

Plus our second pick next year will be around 26 (729) if we finish 8th or if we are top 4 (32 = 584).

Either way its less...

Points wise im not sure the deal works out for us.

19 = 948

31 = 606

Plus our second pick next year will be around 26 (729) if we finish 8th or if we are top 4 (32 = 584).

Either way its less...

do we have a FS or an academy pick this year or next?

I'm pick 19

Den !! Den!! Deeeeeen!!!!!

..... tigs2010 where that picture of the little fury critter suddenly turning for his close up when we need him?

OR

I'M Sparticus !!!

Last edited:
No but we probably could have traded with Hawks (18 = 985) or Brisbane (17 = 1025) and it still would be a good deal for them (points wise)

This is my point - points are meaningless to us

its about the kids you are getting for those picks that matters to us.

its old school but its the old "its either smith and jones, or jackson - which is better for us?" that determines if its a possible win or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If CFC are total pricks then keep the pick - no problems. I trust FJ to get this right.

On the other hand if CFC really need 12 to get another trade over the line then they need to sweeten the deal - pick 21, or get another club to even out value. But not 12.

If we had completed this trade at the last minute and out of nowhere, everyone would be jumping up and down saying yay we finally landed a big fish, solid B+ potentially A grade player. But because we knew about it for months it has come with little fanfare. Wrapt to have him on board, REALLY hope we can get the best out of him. He will have a better year with us next season than he did with the blues 2015 thats for sure.

Well done Dan. Got our man and stared down Carlton. Note for SOS when presented with a fair deal take it. trying to hold out as some sort of negotiation tactic is petty and stupid. You had no other play and everyone knew it. Just dumb.
Do you not think every club knows the market for players? Do not assume we are all stupid and just capitulate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back