#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will find out who really won the deal in the years to come.
FWIW, I think he's a great get.
Will make our forward 50 entries a lot harder to stop.

Yes -- as far as on-field performance is concerned it's all about (and always has been about) potential -- Yaz has it in spades but he's got to turn it on consistently.

This is why #19 is a win and #12 would have been a loss.

For now, though, I'm laughing my backside off at the back-peddling being done by the Carlscum supporters on the main trade board. Pretty much everything they said would happen hasn't happened -- and that is a juicy win sandwich regardless of what happens in coming seasons.

Actually, now that I think about it, it's a bit ironic that the only way those Carlton supporters can get a win is if Yaz really performs for us -- if he does end up booting 50 in a season (or something silly like that) then they can say "I told you so" but it would be a bit of a hollow victory, I would have thought! :p

Imo we have a problem of the lack of scoring from the back 50 or at least on turnover. I really think Yarran with his speed is something we really lack and I am rapt we have him. Either from half back or the wing just make him run run run. Yarran back yourself and get the best out of this new chance.

This, I agree whole heartedly!

Very excited to see this bloke tear it up for us next year. 19 was more than we originally would have wanted to part with and less than the blues wanted so its probably a fair trade. Welcome Yaz!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we have a problem of the lack of scoring from the back 50 or at least on turnover. I really think Yarran with his speed is something we really lack and I am rapt we have him. Either from half back or the wing just make him run run run. Yarran back yourself and get the best out of this new chance.

Yaz on the right flank, Houli on the left with Ellis + K Mac on either wing. Right now we're looking ok for leg speed. Just need a lighting small fwd

Yaz on the right flank, Houli on the left with Ellis + K Mac on either wing. Right now we're looking ok for leg speed. Just need a lighting small fwd
This is the absolute benefit of his versatility. At HB he can free up Houli if needed. Twice the number of potential match up head aches for opposition teams.
He can also play further up the ground if required too. Great get at 19 Tiges. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back