#13: Chris Yarran

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as we finish in the Top 4-6 next year, it will essentially be something like 31 (2015) & 30-36 (2016) for Pick 19 (2015)
That's not too bad given we still hold on to our first rounders for both years.
Yeah, future trading is weird. They could end with 31 and 36 for 19 (which is pretty fair) or something like 31 and 19 for 19 (which is outrageous). Gold Coast can't lose.

Lets see if this works
resize

There's none

You can trade a future first round pick, or second round+later picks, but not both
I just know that when they introduced the rule there was discussions that a team could protect a future pick in-case of a year affected by injury which resulted in a low ladder finish, things like that.

A bit tangential, but I just can't understand paying an early first rounder for Charlie Dixon. I didn't watch the suns much this year, but he always just struck me as an okay-at-best KPF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just know that when they introduced the rule there was discussions that a team could protect a future pick in-case of a year affected by injury which resulted in a low ladder finish, things like that.
Pretty sure that was to protect top 5 picks; but I can't see any confirmation of it. Its a bad concept anyway.

Hope 19 is enough. still think 12 will be what we give up though.

Nah they just made it so you can't "sell the farm" so to speak
Must keep 2 first round picks within a 4 year period

Nah they just made it so you can't "sell the farm" so to speak
Must keep 2 first round picks within a 4 year period

The following rules would govern trading of future draft picks:
- Clubs can trade one year in the future only.
- Clubs must make at least two first-round selections in each four-year period. If they don't, they will face restrictions from trading any further first-round draft picks.
- If a club trades a future first-round selection, it may not trade any other future selection from that same draft. But if a club keeps its future first-round selection, it can trade any of its future selections from other rounds.

If we don't get Yarran - this will be around the mark that Dunkley goes won't it?

I kind of like the idea of two first rounders, or even one doozy draft pick packaging the two.

But would be happy whichever way it goes from here.

Well done Dan Richardson and co !

If we don't get Yarran - this will be around the mark that Dunkley goes won't it?

I kind of like the idea of two first rounders, or even one doozy draft pick packaging the two.

But would be happy whichever way it goes from here.

Well done Dan Richardson and co !

I have been a meltboy when talking about Dan Richardson this trade period - but this good no matter what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back