Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been critical of some SOS's recruiting and trading, but this was some of his best week.
Future 200 plus game player and possible leader at the club (least in a supporting role) for a free hit.

Sometimes I worry he is going to get knocked out with the absolutely fearless/kamikaze way he goes for the ball, also the way he cares for his teammates really speaks volumes his character.

He is exactly the type of lad we need to help turn our disappointing culture around. What more can I say but he is a gem.

Good we have a team player like this.

I kind of worry that our players are more focussed on the crema on their next latte. But this just shows this is not always the case.

Last edited:
Wow just listened to the audio on the website from Stock! That's one of the best and most honest and vulnerable interviews I've heard from footy player. Sounds like he's grown up a hell of a lot the last 18 months and is genuinely humbled to be part of our magnificent club. Must listen to for any Stocker fans.

What's not to :blueheart:

Moving this to our main board, because if you haven't yet listened to this, stop whatever you are doing and listen to it.

SOS loved this kid and it hasn't taken long for him to endear himself to the supporter base for his efforts on the field, but it is these insights into his life off the field that will take that admiration and appreciation to a whole new level.

This kid is an absolute gem. I'm thrilled he's in a better place now than he has been previously, and that he represents our football club. I can see him doing so for a very, very long time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moving this to our main board, because if you haven't yet listened to this, stop whatever you are doing and listen to it.

SOS loved this kid and it hasn't taken long for him to endear himself to the supporter base for his efforts on the field, but it is these insights into his life off the field that will take that admiration and appreciation to a whole new level.

This kid is an absolute gem. I'm thrilled he's in a better place now than he has been previously, and that he represents our football club. I can see him doing so for a very, very long time.

As I said in the rumour thread, I genuinely think that he is our Selwood/Hodge/Cotchin. He will be a (hopefully) multi premiership captain of this great footy club.

I thought he had tickets on himself, wasn’t liked by the players, didn’t want it enough, didn’t work hard enough and should have been delisted...........

Ps. Give our talented kids a flowering chance to grow and develop before criticising them.
After going to a few sponsor functions I knew I was going to like him.

He's the first to his table and the last to leave. He's not my sponsor but whoever does sponsor him is very lucky.

He tries to be engaged in the conversations and is very well spoken.

Cares just as much about us supporters and members as he does the players.

I do hope whatever he had going on during hub life he is doing better with now. He's very genuine.

But I will admit I did think he was a bit arrogant when I first saw him, I think that's just how he's been taught to carry himself. I love that he has mongrel. We need that at the club.

On CPH1951 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not sure how many of you old folks have Instagram but he posts some pretty wholesome content.

Seems like a great person. I love him so much 👉👈🥺

"So that's that then, is it? Well?"

1630329934613.png

That interview was brilliant.

Impressive young man. Obviously self aware and a deep thinker.

He didn't go into exactly what transpired last year but obviously felt he needed to win the respect or the group back.

So happy for him that he has found his place in the team and the group. And also discovered the man he wants to strive to be.

What I also really loved is how much he said Weitering and Jones have helped him on and off the field.

I don't think Jonesy gets enough credit of what a great influence he is.

So glad we have stock. Going to have a wonderful career with us.

*insert SOS fist pump here*

"I love that back 7... I'd run through a brick wall happily for any of those guys". This speaks to the character of Liam Stocker. This for me is SOS's best ever pickup for our club. That trade has worked wonders because we haven't just picked up a star player but a star person who clearly cares about this club. Love him!!!

That interview was brilliant.

Impressive young man. Obviously self aware and a deep thinker.

He didn't go into exactly what transpired last year but obviously felt he needed to win the respect or the group back.

So happy for him that he has found his place in the team and the group. And also discovered the man he wants to strive to be.

What I also really loved is how much he said Weitering and Jones have helped him on and off the field.

I don't think Jonesy gets enough credit of what a great influence he is.

So glad we have stock. Going to have a wonderful career with us.

*insert SOS fist pump here*
I loved his sense of connection with the fans............he knows he's a favourite - or he ought to by now...........

What a refreshingly honest, grounded and thoughtful interview. He has quickly become one of my favorite players and just seems like such an impressive individual.

Can’t wait to see what he’s capable of achieving … I reckon we’ve only seen a glimpse of his potential so far.

Keep it up Liam. So proud to see you in the Navy Blue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted 13. Liam Stocker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back