#13 - Taylor Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Taylor Walker

I don't get this point. :confused:

There is a MASSIVE difference between 3.21 in a 20m sprint to breaking 3.00. 3.00 is considered a benchmark of sorts where 3.21 is considered kind of sluggish. So you can't cite Judd's 2.90 to say Taylor's time isn't too bad. Those two times are poles apart.

I'm not saying it's a dreadful time or anything but I was hoping to see a 3.10 or thereabouts. Maybe he just had a bad day at testing because he didn't seem like a 3.21 player whenever I saw him this year.
C'mon you cannot tell me there is a massive difference between 3.21 and 3.10, lets not be pedantic about it.

Mate he's Modra and Mcleod fused into one based on popularity.

He's the most viewed Adelaide crow player in the Locker room yet he just got named on our list!

:thumbsu::thumbsu:
Just make sure you got ya guns packed in at the side with your cowboy hat and ya whip when Wacky Walker the texas ranger takes the field for the mighty crows!!
Yet he's the Crows player least viewed in action!

C'mon you cannot tell me there is a massive difference between 3.21 and 3.10, lets not be pedantic about it.
I wouldn't bat an eyelid at a 3.10. That would be a pretty standard sort of time, but 3.21 sticks out as a little sluggish. It's not the worst though and as IddyBiddy pointed out he's only had amateur training (well, not entirely, I'm sure the NSW U/18 team would've had a better program but it's not like he was with them all year).

Lived & played football in Broken Hill all my life & i can guarentee that Taylor will be a genuine star in the AFL.Shit,i'm going to have an interest in the crows!:D

how do they time the 20m sprint, is it one go or do they do it 3 times or something to get an average?

Times would vary quite alot from time each time so I wouldnt read too muchy into it. I still find it pretty hard to believe that .1 of a second is a big deal.

how do they time the 20m spring, is it one go or do they do it 3 times or something to get an average?

Times would vary quite alot from time each time so I wouldnt read too muchy into it. I still find it pretty hard to believe that .1 of a second is a big deal.

Thats one hell of a jump :D :p

For what it's worth, I can tell you that there has been a great amount of discussion as to what the Crows do with Walker next year. Remember the kid has only just finished year 11!:eek:
The talk was about him doing year 12, ie where, how to fit it in with SANFL/AFL commitments etc..
I can tell you that Tex has decided not to do year 12 next year so he can focus on his football. I imagine he will play quite a bit of league at SANFL. I only hope he doesn't end up at South Adelaide! He's too important for the Panthers to screw up!

I hope the club encourages him to reconsider, or at least undertake year 12 over 2 years. Football may feel like it (to most of us at times), but it is not the be all and end all.

I hope the club encourages him to reconsider, or at least undertake year 12 over 2 years. Football may feel like it (to most of us at times), but it is not the be all and end all.

I am a fairly strong advocate for education but year 12 (and university or TAFE) will always be there for Taylor Walker but the chance to play in the AFL won’t be.

IMO he should be doing some sort of education or study to fill in his down time away from football but if his heart and head are not in it; doing year 12 will be a waste of time.

Neither is yr 12.

That may be so, but education, whether vocational or otherwise has significant impacts of an individuals ability to make good life choices, build resilience and create social networks. In Walker's case, he will be coming to a new city away from his traditional 'safety' nets. If he builds an entire world around football, the footy club and football hangers on, then when or if something goes wrong with his footy career, that boy is going to find himself without many of the skills and tools required to tackle it.

A football apprenticeship may be the best opition.

Guys he's the Texas Ranger...let him do what he wants.

I heard he sleeps at night with the lights on, not because he's scared of the dark...but because the dark is scared of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ummm i heard he once ate an entire bottle of sleeping pills...they made him blink (this could go on forever)

That may be so, but education, whether vocational or otherwise has significant impacts of an individuals ability to make good life choices, build resilience and create social networks. In Walker's case, he will be coming to a new city away from his traditional 'safety' nets. If he builds an entire world around football, the footy club and football hangers on, then when or if something goes wrong with his footy career, that boy is going to find himself without many of the skills and tools required to tackle it.

A football apprenticeship may be the best opition.
Spot on!

send him to sacred heart so he can do football as a subject, he would kill it.

Not a bad idea. Sacred Heart is a god school all round. Not just for the footy aspect. Put him up and give him the best education possible. Even send him to USC where the timetable is more flexible.

I would be worried if he wasnt doing yr 12 over 2 years. All it takes is a bad injury (touch wood) and football is over. The club should be developing their players from a holistic perspective. I think craigy would have the nouse to recomend he dosent drop school all together. Hell, Salopek did it.

The main problem with people who have just completed study, be it year 12 or other studies is that they just do not realise what effect it has on their ability to make better decisions later in life. Year 12 is not suited to all people but to say that it would be a waste of time for the ranger to do his study is a joke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back