Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 13,342

To be fair it is a poor piece of fixturing, should be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game.

Saturday night games at the Dome are second only to Sunday twilight games for bad crowds IMO.

Saturday night games at the Dome are second only to Sunday twilight games for bad crowds IMO.

That may be true when you are talking about Melbourne and North Melbourne playing on Saturday nights. The Cararra crowd almost beat the Roos.

To be fair it is a poor piece of fixturing, should be a Saturday or Sunday afternoon game.

Two things:

1. Saturday afternoon would help, but not enough to avoid a loss. Not sure your reasoning about Saturday night stands up though. St Kilda do pretty well on Sat night, don't they?

2. Next two home games are Fremantle and Brisbane. Big problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That may be true when you are talking about Melbourne and North Melbourne playing on Saturday nights. The Cararra crowd almost beat the Roos.

Oh hi Memories. Count on you to offer some constructive thoughts :) .

Two things:

1. Saturday afternoon would help, but not enough to avoid a loss. Not sure your reasoning about Saturday night stands up though. St Kilda do pretty well on Sat night, don't they?

2. Next two home games are Fremantle and Brisbane. Big problems.

St.Kilda do well on a Saturday night because a) they have a bigger supporter base than North b) they traditionally get excellent crowds at the Dome and c) in the last few years have been a much better side than North.

I will say we need another stadium in Melbourne that seats 30-35K though.

North really need to pick a couple Docklands games and say "It's a lockout, no fans, no catering, nothing". It would save them money. North Melbourne v Fremantle in 2 weeks time would be a good candidate.

I reckon its a waste of money building a new stadium in Melbourne.

Surely they can play games at Geelong, its less than an hour from Mlebourne, u can catch a train there.

I reckon it makes perfect sense.

Last year Sydney played Port Adelaide in Sydney at the SCG and we got a crowd of 24,761

Now North fans you cant argue that there wre more Port fans at the SCG as Sydney wold have fewer Port Adelaide fans than Melbourn would.

Heard on ch10 that it will be around a $150k loss

I just don't get north melbourne supporters - there club is on an abyss and they cannot be bothered turning up for a game. Yet we will continue to cop backlash from north supporters on these boards because we criticise the club.

What a disgrace

I don't understand how that works. How does no people attending save them money?

For a start we don't get charged for the cost of the catering which we make no money at all from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back