Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 13,342

If we got anything near 600K per game like the Cats get each game I'm sure we'd consider it.

You do realise that the Cats pack out the Cattery?

North would be lucky to get 10,000 to a game in Geelong.

Still , couldnt be worse then the Dome i guess.

Absolutely pathetic crowd. It's been barely 17 months since the whole "KEEP NORTH SOUTH" business and already they're back to their pathetic, unsustainable ways.

Can't say I'm very surprised though. How long until they ask for more AFL special assistance? :rolleyes:

Mate surely you must know that it is all to do with the inferior draw that North get? The AFL keep refusing to give them the massive blockbuster games. :D

Was a shit crowd but not really unexpected, we don't pull a crowd against this mob even when we are flying.

It is just hard to motivate people to go watch Port, not sure why, tonight I went with the fewest number of supporters I ever go, people just don't like seeing us play that mob for some reason.

Our crowd numbers are way off, I mean a lot of members aren't even rocking up to games this year and it is not about winning or losing or that they are not real North supporters. I think it is just a culmination of a lot factors, we were really playing shitful footy and I think a lot of supporters had a gutful of the crap.

It is just a pity guys waited until round 7 to pull their finger out. Late in the game it was looking like Port was going to pinch the game but apart from the last 5 minutes of the game we played 100x better than we had all year and there is still miles to go in terms of improvement, you had players actually running hard for four quarters which was pretty much a first.

I don't blame supporters for having enough really, it is one thing to put in and get beaten by the better side on the day, but to not even put in half an effort and not even putting up a contest is pretty much a no go zone as far as north supporters are concerned.

Had we lost I still would have still been 1000% happier with the effort put in over the four quarters. I think if the players actually put some effort in and play I think more supporters will show up to watch. The result isn't as important as the effort that is put in. Tonight they put the effort in.

This is a game that should be played at Visy Park or Ballarat or somewhere that will make a buck with a small crowd. There is just no point playing a game there that you know isn't going to pull 35-40k. We would have pulled a crap crowd no matter who were were playing given our effort this year, with Port it was just guaranteed to be the lowest crowd.

Will say it again, they are toast. I don't care what Vlad says, they will end up in Western Sydney or Tassie. They are simply not viable in Melbourne. A lot of their fans know it to. I reckon around 50% rue the fact they knocked back the gold coast.

It's a harsh call, but take away the emotions and it is pretty clear if you ask me.

We should tell north that we will swap our Sunday games for their Saturday nights, we don't have a problem drawing a reasonable crowd on Saturday nights, even against interstate sides, with the current deal at TD though we might still make a small loss but we could have got another 10-15k there.

Got to be joking!
The top deck was practically empty. The botom deck wasn't much better.

8500 tops.
The figures were skewed to save face

TD gave notice to people during the week that most of the top deck was going to be shut.

Similar to our match against Richmond, when people are huddled into a specific area of the ground the crowd looks non-existent.

The numbers are computerised, they don't skew them or put wrong figures up, you would have to be a moron to believe that.

I haven't seen you talk such rubbish since your last spiel about Howard being a messiah.

:thumbsdown::rolleyes:

The few Nth supporters I know actually think it was a mistake. But they are not overly emotional about footy like some and can see the writing on the wall. For a long time, many posters here have said the an economic down turn would take care of one of the melbourne clubs.

It is upon us and North look really vulnerable.

Will say it again, they are toast. I don't care what Vlad says, they will end up in Western Sydney or Tassie. They are simply not viable in Melbourne. A lot of their fans know it to. I reckon around 50% rue the fact they knocked back the gold coast.

It's a harsh call, but take away the emotions and it is pretty clear if you ask me.

If North folds the AFL should take their entire list and move them to a new team in Tasmania. This team will have the same list as North previously had but it will be a completely new team with new colours and a new tradition.

It makes it hard to go on about the stadium deal screwing them when they get crowds like that. I also think it would be interesting to see how many people actually bought a ticket for this game and how many had memberships etc. I would doubt the dome sold more than a few thousand tickets to the game.

I went to game tonight with one of my kids, so there were 2 Collingwood supporters to help the crowd figure. :D Saw some other Collingwood supporters near me as well in afl reserve.
Must admit the crowd was slack. It was in fact 14,342 not 13,342. :p
There were a lot of supporters on level 3 on the wing which the cameras would not pick up. I don't know why the idiots that run the ground don't let people sit on level 1 and 2 when the crowd was so poor. It would look much better on tv. Seeing an empty lower level looks bad on tv.
Weird game. 3 rd quarter went for 35 minutes and last went for 37.5 minutes. Never seen such long quarters in my life.
It's as if the timekeepers were waiting for Port to kick the winning goal. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate surely you must know that it is all to do with the inferior draw that North get? The AFL keep refusing to give them the massive blockbuster games. :D

I blame the jumper issue for the rubbish crowds and lack of care of their club from their fans. Critical issue for the Pauperoos. They sure have their priorities rights. Hilarious how Brayshaw and Arocca pander to the lowest common denominator amongst the puny fanbase by chest beating over a jumper. Diversion of the higherst order away from the real issues they know they cant sort out.

It is typical Bigfooty though. Port has next to none of the ex-pats in Melbourne, most follow Adelaide as they came out earlier than Port.

North gets 14,342 against Port.

Melbourne gets 14,129 against Crows.

Where were the threads about Melbourne's crowds?

Not that I care to draw attention to Melbourne, it is the lack of consistency which is irritating. When Bulldogs or Melbourne do something equally as poor you hear nothing, everyone whines like a stuck pig if it is us. Saints are rampaging and we are almost around where they are with members, if we were unbeaten and were struggling to pass bottom four club for members and playing interstate people would be all over us like a cheap suit.

We don't give a shit what your half-arsed opinion on our future is. Get it through your thick heads.

You're right.

It's painful and horrible to see a club go, but what do you do?

How can this continue?

North fans need to at least realise that this situation can't go on. What's their solution? No relocation, no merger, then what? Just edge along until you're completely dead?

That's a highly possible scenario, and Arocca even said it.

North fans need to put aside their emotions and come up with the best solution for their club before it's too late. Their choice is now, because unfortunately in a few years that choice might not be theirs.

This from a club with all this money, best coaches, best board and best facilities yet only wins one premiership in 50 years! now that's what I call failure!

And yet we are strong and you are weak. Go figure.

We on the other hand..................................

You... what? You have what to show for yourselves? A whole lot of members and... did you guys even turn a profit last year? I can't recall.

Either way, what is a footy club meant to be about? I thought the aim was success on field and, just quietly, it always amuses me when Collingwood fans start trying to sink the boot into North.

1 flag in 50 years. It takes a certain demographic to continue to pay up for memberships to a club that delivers one flag in 50 years - if you know what I mean.

The few Nth supporters I know actually think it was a mistake.

So based on a 'few' supporters you know, you have extrapolated that across our entire supporter base?

Maybe Jumpin Jimmy was onto something about you and the stock market. ;)

It is typical Bigfooty though. Port has next to none of the ex-pats in Melbourne, most follow Adelaide as they came out earlier than Port.

North gets 14,342 against Port.

Melbourne gets 14,129 against Crows.

Where were the threads about Melbourne's crowds?

Not that I care to draw attention to Melbourne, it is the lack of consistency which is irritating. When Bulldogs or Melbourne do something equally as poor you hear nothing, everyone whines like a stuck pig if it is us. Saints are rampaging and we are almost around where they are with members, if we were unbeaten and were struggling to pass bottom four club for members and playing interstate people would be all over us like a cheap suit.

We don't give a shit what your half-arsed opinion on our future is. Get it through your thick heads.

It is becoming quite apparent that their is large anti-North brigade on the main board who insist on sticking the boot into our club at every chance they get.

They are mostly made up of Sydney supporters who resent us because we didn't roll over to the AFL and relocate like they did. Collingwood supporters who hate us for being more successful then them. Essnedon supporters who are upset that we've owned their arses for 10 years and didn;t choke in 96 and 99 like they did. And various other interstate supporters, who are upset that they have to follow manufactured franchises, instead of a real club with real history.

Tonight the diehards turned out, and they should be congratulated for doing so after all the negative media and turgid footy we've been playing.

You... what? You have what to show for yourselves? A whole lot of members and... did you guys even turn a profit last year? I can't recall.

Either way, what is a footy club meant to be about? I thought the aim was success on field and, just quietly, it always amuses me when Collingwood fans start trying to sink the boot into North.

Existance is #1 priority. Re the Collingwood loss last year, and the hotel deals that caused it, we got rid of the bloke responsible for that. You idiots made him CEO. :eek:

It is becoming quite apparent that their is large anti-North brigade on the main board who insist on sticking the boot into our club at every chance they get.

They are mostly made up of Sydney supporters who resent us because we didn't roll over to the AFL and relocate like they did. Collingwood supporters who hate us for being more successful then them. Essnedon supporters who are upset that we've owned their arses for 10 years and didn;t choke in 96 and 99 like they did. And various other interstate supporters, who are upset that they have to follow manufactured franchises, instead of a real club with real history.

Tonight the diehards turned out, and they should be congratulated for doing so after all the negative media and turgid footy we've been playing.

I just like sinking the boots in because most of the north posters on big footy are whiny little sooks with a victim mentallity.

I have 2 mates who are staunch north supporters and for their sake I hope their club never goes under but if it does happen then I'll take great delight in the suffering of some of the cry babies on this board.

EDIT - I should probably add that there are a lot of decent North Melbourne posters on this board and I actually admire the passion of many of them and the way they defend their club. It's the ones that constantly deflect and whinge that piss me off.

can i ask a serious question of the north fans?

i've already said that i'm a fan of the club, and i'd hate to see them die, but...

take away the diversionary tactics of the jumper chest-beating. take away the argument about the success of north over the last 15 years.

take away the diversionary tactic of other equally craptastic crowds at other games.

because footy is not only about on-field success. it is about remaining a going concern off the field. yours is the team under the pump at the moment having burned bridges in canberra, sydney and the gold coast which have unfortunately cost your club millions of dollars.

how is your club going to survive? what is it going to do? the white knights have not really surfaced, and north melbourne don't seem to have made any suggestions as to how they're going to change the current situation.

but if the current situation remains - your club will die.

so what are they going to do? what can they do? they're going to make another loss this year, and whilst they'll hold their hand out at the end of the year for the AFLs money, and the AFL will give it to them - do they have any right to do that after burning so many developmental areas?

i'll say it again - i don't want to see this club die... but they cannot remain viable if the current situation continues...

can i ask a serious question of the north fans?

i've already said that i'm a fan of the club, and i'd hate to see them die, but...

take away the diversionary tactics of the jumper chest-beating. take away the argument about the success of north over the last 15 years.

take away the diversionary tactic of other equally craptastic crowds at other games.

because footy is not only about on-field success. it is about remaining a going concern off the field. yours is the team under the pump at the moment having burned bridges in canberra, sydney and the gold coast which have unfortunately cost your club millions of dollars.

how is your club going to survive? what is it going to do? the white knights have not really surfaced, and north melbourne don't seem to have made any suggestions as to how they're going to change the current situation.

but if the current situation remains - your club will die.

so what are they going to do? what can they do? they're going to make another loss this year, and whilst they'll hold their hand out at the end of the year for the AFLs money, and the AFL will give it to them - do they have any right to do that after burning so many developmental areas?

i'll say it again - i don't want to see this club die... but they cannot remain viable if the current situation continues...

North will continue to survive whilst we are paying off Docklands for the AFL. Simple as that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back