Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Well since that is the case he has another 2 years to show something otherwise he's gone.I'm just sick of us hanging on players who don't like making it.

He has played less then 10 games and has another 2 years left on his contract. Relax.

Jason's one that's struggled with the congestion of AFL, not so much the pace of the play but the 360 awareness aspect.

He's already a more than serviceable small defender so I've got no issue with leaving him in.

Allows Hibberd or Bags more freedom to help out in the middle where we really need it.

Well since that is the case he has another 2 years to show something otherwise he's gone.I'm just sick of us hanging on players who don't like making it.

I am happy with Ashby's progress - Does need to tidy up his kicking.

Jason's one that's struggled with the congestion of AFL, not so much the pace of the play but the 360 awareness aspect.

He's already a more than serviceable small defender so I've got no issue with leaving him in.

Allows Hibberd or Bags more freedom to help out in the middle where we really need it.

Needs to take a leaf out of Bags handbook and play to his limitations.

Seems to often he tries to do more than his capabilities will allow him.

Agree that his progress is coming along ok

Just needs to take the first option more, his reaction time is just a little bit off AFL level at the moment but it will come, he cracks in and will become a good senior player I have no doubt.

Kav, Ashby, Dalgleish, Hams, OBrien...
They've been in the system for a solid three years now. Im sure the club is very concerned about their lack of development. It could potentially be 5 busts which would be absolutely guttering.

Kav, Ashby, Dalgleish, Hams, OBrien...
They've been in the system for a solid three years now. Im sure the club is very concerned about their lack of development. It could potentially be 5 busts which would be absolutely guttering.
Ashby has been on the list at least a year shorter than Kav, Daggers and O'Brien.

Ashby has been on the list at least a year shorter than Kav, Daggers and O'Brien.

As has Hams.

Will is basically a 2nd year player given he wasn't even able to train basically all of last year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is Ashbys weapon?
I can't remember what his appeal was on draft day, his endurance was it??
Not everyone needs a weapon. Mark Baguley has no outstanding qualities.

Other than his kicking, there are no discernable flaws in his game. Excellent leader as well.

What is Ashbys weapon?

Tagged the living shit out of Lachie Whitfield in a Metro v Country game

Ashby still has time on his hands.

This. Let him continue to play in the VFL. I don't think we need to see him in the seniors at this time & point anyway.

What is Ashbys weapon?

That's the thing he's never been one of those "eye catchers" so he was never going to be a home run pick but he could be someone that has a role at AFL level. As a junior he missed out on playing at the nationals but at TAC level he showed that he was very disciplined defensively and thrived when playing on some of the better guys running around that year. Did a number on Lachie Whitfield in a finals game from memory. He was actually quite reliable by foot but played within his limitations. Not sure it's its by instruction to take the game on more but this hasn't really shown through at AFL level and at times has been a problem in the 2nd's too.
His strengths IMO are his overhead marking, endurance and competitiveness. In short there's no doubt it's a big year for Jason.
I'm hoping that he will be given a fair crack at it this year and we'll see a player that has improvement in his disposal/decision making with more time at the level. He can look no further than Bags for a role model.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back