Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoroughly impressed with Ashby on Friday night.

As I mentioned earlier, improve his decision making and the disposal will improve substantially. He might not be as electric as Gleeson as flash as Edwards or as tough as Hams but he is almost there in most parts.

#jackofalltradesmasterofnone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not overly concerned by a few clangers in a preseason game personally. Preseason always sees rusty players make errors.

In any case, not that I'm comparing them but a quick think about players who had ordinary disposals early in their career comes up with names such as J Watson.

I'm thrilled with what Ashby's shown this year

Thoroughly impressed with Ashby on Friday night.

As I mentioned earlier, improve his decision making and the disposal will improve substantially. He might not be as electric as Gleeson as flash as Edwards or as tough as Hams but he is almost there in most parts.

#jackofalltradesmasterofnone

Disagree with this.

His strengths are reading the game and his decision making. His execution is poor. His kicking action can be strange at times.

Disagree with this.

His strengths are reading the game and his decision making. His execution is poor. His kicking action can be strange at times.

I should further that improving his decision making and understanding his limitations will see him become a much better player. I don't think his action is 'that' poor as others make it out to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not have thought he'd hold a spot on the basis of that game.

Few glaring issues.

depth in kicking?

apart from that I've got no issue with him atm, more of a full game kind of guy though

His kicking is what worries me. He's hard and has a bit of campaigner about him, which I like, but he's got to work on his kicking.

Heart is in mouth every time he puts boot to ball for me at the moment.

His kicking is what worries me. He's hard and has a bit of campaigner about him, which I like, but he's got to work on his kicking.

Heart is in mouth every time he puts boot to ball for me at the moment.

Agreed. It's not decision making. He just shanks kicks and has a range of about 40m. Disposal is not a strength.

To go back to my previous point, Dalgleish has the speed and skill and can lock down on a small forward (i genuinely see it as beyond doubt now).

Langford and Laverde can be forward targets that relieve Daniher and Carlisle from doing all of the presenting and allow Ambrose in his 7th midfielder role.

Kav is the midfielder. Fantasia can add ground level bite forward and run through the middle.

Ashby is the player I least want to be in the side at the moment (though I fully expect that he will make it as a player).

I though he was pretty good with his disposal - notably against the Hawks in the last qtr when the pressure was on.

But I must be missing something as I noted he only went at 33% against Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Delisted #14: Jason Ashby - Delisted 16/9

Remove this Banner Ad

Back