Retired 14. Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Really enjoyed watching Liam playing down back the last couple of years.

Surprised it has come this as I always he would be playing next year. Not sure where we can find a replacement but hopefully this gives someone the opportunity to step up.

Thanks for your efforts Liam and all the best wherever your future takes you.

Next man up!

I want Liam nowhere near the playing group, especially Sam Docherty. More important things in life than worrying about Liam Jones’ place in our footy team.

I'll say this. I was told by a former Carlton player not to go hard on Liam a couple of days ago. I don't have specifics but was told if and when the entire story comes out the court of public opinion would well and truly turn in Liam's favor.

I had already decided before then against railing on him.

We all have decisions to make regarding the vaxx or otherwise. There may well have been much more to it than a stance on the vaccine. There's a whole lot of racing to conclusions without knowing the facts. Way too many assumptions being made.

Liam was a helluva player for us and deserves our respect and appreciation for what he brought to the club. As a collective fan base we death rode him harder than any player that I can remember ever doing. Then he and Josh Fraser turned him around and he gave us several years of the best combinaton KPD's we've had since Silvagni.

All the best Liam. Thanks for your years of service. Whether all of your story gets aired is on you and I hope the infestation of maggots in the industry let you, and yours, reach that decision.

there will likely be a completely unexpected reason why Liam won’t have been vaccinated.

I don’t think there’s a selfish bone in his body.

in any case,thanks Liam.

Now we move on…

This is a series of decisions that he's probably going to look back on with a fair bit of regret in the fullness of time. There's no sound logical reason for what's transpired.

Thanks for the memories Liam, but you probably missed our best shot at finals for 10 years.

But the rest of us get to think what we want about his actions.
Remind me again, I seem to have forgotten: where precisely in the post you quoted did I say you couldn't?

Could do with a little less reading between the lines on here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great player. I was at the VFL game where he destroyed Josh Bruce. One of the great KPD games I can recall.
Can’t say I agree with his views on the vaccine, but glad he was selfless enough to retire before the draft.

Well, it's not as bad as what Pagan copped when he started at the Club, but I'm sure Vossy didn't bank on losing his full back before his first pre season.

The guy was in his last couple years. If we can get through the pre-season without an injury and the continued rehab and return to full training and fitness for Marchy, Cuningham, Doc etc., and no injury to Charlie, then I'll happily take this.

Remind me again, I seem to have forgotten: where precisely in the post you quoted did I say you couldn't?

Could do with a little less reading between the lines on here.
bigfooty lives between the lines..............like gazelles..............

1636870826148.png

I'll say this. I was told by a former Carlton player not to go hard on Liam a couple of days ago. I don't have specifics but was told if and when the entire story comes out the court of public opinion would well and truly turn in Liam's favor.

I had already decided before then against railing on him.

We all have decisions to make regarding the vaxx or otherwise. There may well have been much more to it than a stance on the vaccine. There's a whole lot of racing to conclusions without knowing the facts. Way too many assumptions being made.

Liam was a helluva player for us and deserves our respect and appreciation for what he brought to the club. As a collective fan base we death rode him harder than any player that I can remember ever doing. Then he and Josh Fraser turned him around and he gave us several years of the best combinaton KPD's we've had since Silvagni.

All the best Liam. Thanks for your years of service. Whether all of your story gets aired is on you and I hope the infestation of maggots in the industry let you, and yours, reach that decision.

A very sad situation.

As you suggest, there is almost certainly a lot more to the story than what we know. The bloke on Adelaide radio (Rowe) mentioned a bereavement and the club statement said we have been in dialogue for months. That doesn't sound like Liam has just decided on a whim to end a successful career. He has reasons that are good enough for him to arrive at that decision, and we should respect and accept that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Retired 14. Liam Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Back