#14 Michael Hibberd – retired. Thank you Pig ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Another player I'm really happy for.

Came into our side during a transitional period where we needed some stability and experience. Pumped out some solid footy for us and gets a premiership for his efforts!

Another player I'm really happy for.

Came into our side during a transitional period where we needed some stability and experience. Pumped out some solid footy for us and gets a premiership for his efforts!
Played a Nev kinda role in finals. Not much offense, but super reliable in defence and pretty much unbeatable in 1v1s.

Apparently getting a 1 year contract extension. Happy for him.

I know Smith was playing OK but with Hibberd playing on, Hunt fit, and Tomlinson coming back... keeps him out of the side.

Cleary the coaches are unhappy with something I’m blind to, because I’ve been extremely happy with his form since R3, 2020 after being ready to toss him after 2019 and R1, 2020. Strikes me as a weird panic dropping after two fumbly games in the wet v the Hawks and Dogs.

Cleary the coaches are unhappy with something I’m blind to, because I’ve been extremely happy with his form since R3, 2020 after being ready to toss him after 2019 and R1, 2020. Strikes me as a weird panic dropping after two fumbly games in the wet v the Hawks and Dogs.
He was going to ground alot and not getting disposals. Thought it was the right call at the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never understand why he is dropped. Hate watching us defend without him, top 10 all time favourite Dees player.
Hasn't been dropped though for years has he?

Hasn't been dropped though for years has he?
Twice last year, but maybe overstated by me. Moreover, I can’t believe that people ever doubt his importance to the side, can’t believe we got him for a pick in the 20s.

Was genuinely worried he might have been cooked due to age, pace and injury this year but god damn he's at his reliable best.

May, Petty, Lever, Hibberd and Gus is such a solid and safe defensive unit.
We missed Hibberd as much as May during that Fremantle game I think. Would have gone a long way to have some experience and reliable 1v1 defending down there when we started to unravel.

Hasn’t this guy got a second wind that no one saw coming this year. I don’t know if tonight was more than another typical Pig performance but f*** I love what he does. Plays at 100% every minute, plays on bigger opponents, can still sell candy for fun, neat and calm disposer and just competes, competes, competes. Our back 6 looks so much better for having him back in it. Solid.

You'd ******* love coaching this bloke. Probably more than anyone in the team when you see the ball near him you feel calm. He's damn reliable doesn't have highlight moments anymore but at the same time doesn't do anything bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back