#14 Michael Hibberd – retired. Thank you Pig ❤️

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne Football Club Win GIF by Melbournefc

heck he was a star in his prime, what I wouldnt give for prime Hibbo in this side now. Superb kick setting up endless attacks off half back, did it both ways, such a beast

We aren't winning s**t this year but I'd really like to win next week for him.

Can't imagine how hard 2020 would have been for him with the loss of his brother just as COVID started.

Would be cool to get him to Brisbane just so he can torture Charlie Cameron one last time even in a likely loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love the Pig. Left nothing out on the field. Tough, quick, always made it hard for his opponent. He'll be missed..

Hopefully Tmac and Brown to follow

Love you, Pig. The embodiment of giving 110% and getting the best out of yourself.

Can't imagine there would be many guys better to line up next to – approached every contest like it was the last minute of a grand final. A jet, a leader and one of our best recruits in recent memory.

images (1) (17).jpeg

Incredible recruit. Relentless competitor that fought tooth and nail in defence and refused to give up on a contest. Could scrap as well as anyone but could also break the lines and slice up the ground with his footskills. Seems like someone you’d love to have a beer with too. Sad to see his career coming to a close for what he brought the team since joining Essendon because it’s so hard to replace.

Was the best rebounding defender in the game back in 2017.

Still a bloody fine player now though. If Charlie Cameron was asked who his toughest match up was, I wouldn't be surprised if he said it was Hibberd.

approached every contest like it was the last minute of a grand final. A jet, a leader and one of our best recruits in

This sums up pig perfectly. Coaches dream, never had to worry about if he was switched on and every player on a list would wish they could play like him

I sort of wished he went 1 more year. he's still our best lockdown small defender...?

I remember thinking Lockhart looked likely in the role after a few games, but not to be I guess.

McVee seems the most obvious replacement in that role, but would still like to find a genuine lockdown defender (feels like McVee is a bit of a 50/50 balance between lockdown and rebound).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back