Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Another Luff/Rawlings special
low cost speculative pick, i have no problem with churning these prospects through the list, its when they become permanent fixtures we end up with a list of plodders. there is about 6 or 8 spots on the list to churn these kind of players through, would want to show something by seasons end or for my money his spot get surrendered to the next speculative pick.

I've got a funny feeling ole supercoach Luffy is gonna moneyball a few more steak knives that will sit on the list and do fu** all...

I'm far from sold on the 2 of them.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Luff and co need to only bring players in that have shown something at the level.
Atu, young and bonar showed nothing at their previous clubs.

And on Atu he’s not a footballer - always flat-footed and reactive.

Why not play him as a forward like he was previously. Arent we crying out for a small forward?
I'm not against that, but it's a big concern (on several fronts) if they recruited him as a forward, moved him to defence halfway through his first pre season, and then early in the second season he's back forward again.

As it stands though if we want a small forward Paul Curtis should be the next cab off the rank, especially after his VFL performance.

I'm not against that, but it's a big concern (on several fronts) if they recruited him as a forward, moved him to defence halfway through his first pre season, and then early in the second season he's back forward again.

As it stands though if we want a small forward Paul Curtis should be the next cab off the rank, especially after his VFL performance.
I believe they recruited him as forward but moved him into defence. Why not recruit a defender or keep the one we had (Robbie)? I agree with what you are saying about Paul Curtis for sure. Can't wait to see what he can do i the 1s.

He took a couple of really nice marks on Friday that made you think that there's something there. He had a really good one against Sydney too that was unlucky not to be paid.

The more I think about it, I think it's worth persisting with him as a small defender. We really only have Turner, Hayden, and Atu on our list that match up well on those types, and Atu probably has the most upside having only been learning the position for about 12 months. He does some nice things, but is clearly uncomfortable in the position and his struggles to get involved are likely due to him overthinking the defensive side of his game. Watching back the Weightman goals and there's only one contest that I think Atu would want back. It's worth noting that he was on the bench for two of those goals.

I won't be upset if he goes back to the VFL this week to work on some things, but we definitely haven't seen the last of Atu in the side as a small defender this year.

Meanwhile, 20-year-old Bosenavulagi will bring tackling pressure and power to the Roos’ line-up.

“Atu’s speed and power will be beneficial to us in the front half of the ground,” Luff said.

“He comes from a rugby background so he is tough at the ball and possesses great tackling pressure.

“We see a role for Atu in our forward line and believe his best footy is ahead of him.”

That deescalated quickly.

Has played 12 games. 9 of those as a defender. The lack of patience from some people is astounding.
He shouldn’t have even been in 2 weeks ago off 1 vfl game and no prac games limited preseason etc

It’s no surprise he was trash in his 2 afl games this year but he needs to be working on his craft in the vfl

He shouldn’t have even been in 2 weeks ago off 1 vfl game and no prac games limited preseason etc

It’s no surprise he was trash in his 2 afl games this year but he needs to be working on his craft in the vfl
If he is OOC at the end of the year we may as well give ourselves an extended look at him before decision time.

Are you looking in the same cupboard as me?. Way I see this is the time to see who's got the mettle wile we are out of contention..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi..
I come in peace..
Just wondering how ATU and Stephenson going,?

Imo ATU won't make it but I like the move of him down back...wish the pies did it..

Obviously 2018 and 19 ( before betting scandal) Stephenson was a jet...is he injured or out of form?

Hi..
I come in peace..

Imo ATU won't make it but I like the move of him down back...wish the pies did it..

Obviously 2018 and 19 ( before betting scandal) Stephenson was a jet...is he injured or out of form?

Atu is not AFL standard.

Stephenson is only out because he’s crook. He’s been a bit up and down but he’s played the best football of his career at North.

It’s a shame Atu hasn’t starred but getting two young guns for free is too much to ask for so I spose we’ll settle for Stephenson.

Hi..
I come in peace..

Atu is a mega spud and Stevo is a peaheart but at least talented.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back