Past #15: Atu Bosenavulagi - drafted #77 '18 ND by CFC - traded to NM as part of Stepho/BBB deal - 8 NM games/1 NM goal

Remove this Banner Ad

I see an athletically (far) superior version of Turner but without KT's desire or defensive footy nous.

Might stay on as depth for a year or two but needs to markedly improve the above if he's to remain listed beyond that.

Omitted this week and doubtful to see him back in the 22 in the short term after a very underwhelming and poor 3 weeks.

Where to from here. We are stacked for small forwards now apparently so he’s probably not feeling the best about his footy.

Omitted this week and doubtful to see him back in the 22 in the short term after a very underwhelming and poor 3 weeks.

Where to from here. We are stacked for small forwards now apparently so he’s probably not feeling the best about his footy.
He needs to get himself back into form and into a positive state of mind by busting his guts in the VFL along with quite a few others. I'm sure that redemption is possible for a bunch of North players and I seriously hope they can achieve it.

He needs to get himself back into form and into a positive state of mind by busting his guts in the VFL along with quite a few others. I'm sure that redemption is possible for a bunch of North players and I seriously hope they can achieve it.
Doesn’t seem a natural defender at all. That’s the issue. VFL sadly might be his ceiling

Criticism I think for the most part is fair but with that said being a defender in our team isn't exactly the easiest gig in the AFL.

You sure some of you aren't still hanging on to the howler decision against Sydney?

Last edited:
This is where the development coaches need to earn their salary.

IMO give him a lockdown role in the VFL each week, even if not completely necessary from a tactical POC, and a couple of key metrics to measure him on. The purely defensive stuff is what he needs to work on most, so make that his life for the next two months and if he's improving well after that then start tinkering with loosening up his role and giving him more responsibility.

This is where the development coaches need to earn their salary.

IMO give him a lockdown role in the VFL each week, even if not completely necessary from a tactical POC, and a couple of key metrics to measure him on. The purely defensive stuff is what he needs to work on most, so make that his life for the next two months and if he's improving well after that then start tinkering with loosening up his role and giving him more responsibility.
Absolutely and give Lizard a run with role too, got to use their speed for something..

What you talkin' about tazaa?!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I seen a fair bit in his run and carry at stages in the AFL (Geelong & Carlton games) & VFL last year. Since then his intensity has plummeted to the floor.

I don't know why he was trialled as a defender, but a shift to the forward line and back to his natural crumbing game might be what he needs to take the next step in his career.

This bloke is still the modern day Sam Power, Will Sierakowski for me. I can't see what we're trying to do with him.

He doesn't seem to play a fixed position. His attributes and exposed form at Collingwood pointed to small forward (leading us to say as much when we recruited him for that role ^^) yet he's never put up there.

He has the skillset that should make him a good option for minding dangerous small forwards but we still don't trust him with that role. He doesn't have the smarts to use his reasonable athleticism in a rebound role.

And doesn't look to be bringing anything off-field to the table from anything that comes out of the club, not a young emerging leader etc.

Nothing against him personally. He's just one of those players like Power and Siera that I feel is treading water in terms of his place in the team. Even when he was struggling more I could see potential he upside in Lachie Young and how he could assist the lineup. Just struggle to do so with Atu.

Happy to be corrected.

Sam Power, Will Sierakowski

Family Guy Reaction GIF

This bloke is still the modern day Sam Power, Will Sierakowski for me. I can't see what we're trying to do with him.

He doesn't seem to play a fixed position. His attributes and exposed form at Collingwood pointed to small forward (leading us to say as much when we recruited him for that role ^^) yet he's never put up there.

He has the skillset that should make him a good option for minding dangerous small forwards but we still don't trust him with that role. He doesn't have the smarts to use his reasonable athleticism in a rebound role.

And doesn't look to be bringing anything off-field to the table from anything that comes out of the club, not a young emerging leader etc.

Nothing against him personally. He's just one of those players like Power and Siera that I feel is treading water in terms of his place in the team. Even when he was struggling more I could see potential he upside in Lachie Young and how he could assist the lineup. Just struggle to do so with Atu.

Happy to be corrected.
Are you suggesting the Sam Power Will Siera era was "The Good Old Days"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back