Past #15: Ben Ross - #3 in '06 PSD - delisted at end '11 season - JJL '12 VFL winner - HFC rookie '14

Who Will Be Better

• Ben Ross

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cameron Thurley

• Lance Piciaone

• Shane Harvey

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to him. As much I'd love to see his chance to be given at North, I can't see him playing in our best 22. Or Hawthorn's for that matter, but they seem to have less competition for the last 2 spots in their 22, if that makes sense. Savage who was on the periphery there, was very average IMO.

Maybe, since we've added Dal Santo. I'm not sure if Hawthorn were playing anyone who did as badly as Sierakowski did when called up last year.

Maybe, since we've added Dal Santo. I'm not sure if Hawthorn were playing anyone who did as badly as Sierakowski did when called up last year.
Well, Sierakowski himself was an emergency for them several times, which speaks volumes. ;)

So very happy that Ben Ross has found an AFL club, little upset it had to be Hawthorn, at least it wasn't *

Little Benny Ross was one of my favourites, was gutted for him, but now, happy for him. Hope he smashes it! Even against us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's certainly proof that it's never over till it's over. Good luck to him. I wonder how long it will be before the Poo and Wee stripes are changed to Royal Blue and White?

Good luck Ben. Had quiet hopes that you may get back in the royal blue and white stripes, but anyway hope to see you running around in the poo and wee stripes alongside the other North boys (and Gibbo). Can picture it...Hale taps to Ben Ross who dishes off to Gibson.....who gets poleaxed by Ziebell who goes bang from 55.

Good on him.

Heard an interview with him tonight on Sportsday (Regional Radio), he was obviously wrapt to get a second chance and admitted he was too immature and didn't put the work in when he was at North. Didn't use his injury as an excuse which if I remember correctly did him for a couple of years. Said that getting delisted and going to Werribee made him grow up a bit and was able to take on a leadership role at the club.

Hope he gets a game, but he's gonna find it tough you'd think.

Good on him.

Heard an interview with him tonight on Sportsday (Regional Radio), he was obviously wrapt to get a second chance and admitted he was too immature and didn't put the work in when he was at North. Didn't use his injury as an excuse which if I remember correctly did him for a couple of years. Said that getting delisted and going to Werribee made him grow up a bit and was able to take on a leadership role at the club.

Hope he gets a game, but he's gonna find it tough you'd think.
Gotta say I'm a little surprised at the hate towards us, not that it matters I guess
Ross is a rookie, so I don't think there is too much expectations on him, but good to have experience ready if needed
Surely you guys enjoyed seeing Hale and Gibbo :eek: collect their Premiership medals, and all the Box Hill boys you've grabbed over the years should make us your second favorite team :cool:

Just having fun, nothing serious :thumbsu:

Good luck for 2014, you should have a good year!

When your team pick up a player from another club, you get a real insight into how that player was viewed by his former fans, but more importantly how those fans themselves portray themselves.

On that note, well done North board - classy thread. :thumbsu:

Back